Re: Another Micoshfat centric myth dies: 75% of Linux developers are now paid

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Storm, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. Storm

    Storm Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
    <> wrote:

    >Another Micoshfat

    Mico?? Mico what?

    >Wherever you turn, Linux is now a highly paid profession

    Linux is an operating system with different "flavours" and distros,
    and is not a "profession"

    >Linux has turned from hobby to strict businesses

    What's a "strict businesses"?

    An image of paid for ladies with whips and long boots springs to mind
    ;-) Something you're not telling us here?

    >The joke is on micoshaft to produce cheaper products than Linux

    But mostly Linux is free, supported by the community so how can you
    produce a cheaper product? PAy someone to use it perhaps?

    Rest of the post was a bit of a random rant, so snipped.

    Just my thoughts, I'd be interested in your considered views.
    Storm, Jan 22, 2010

  2. Storm

    Ezekiel Guest

    "Storm" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > What's a "strict businesses"?

    Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
    corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like chrsiv,
    7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.

    ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)

    Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
    under the control of corporate America.
    Ezekiel, Jan 22, 2010

  3. On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Storm" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> What's a "strict businesses"?

    > Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
    > corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like chrsiv,
    > 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
    >
    > ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
    >
    > Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
    > under the control of corporate America.

    The last thing on earth I would wish for would be for IBM to
    control the kernel.

    IBM could **** up a steel cannon ball.

    Consider the fact that Rex is employed by IBM and get back to me.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Kreplach Productions
    Moshe Goldfarb, Jan 22, 2010
  4. Storm

    Ezekiel Guest

    "Moshe Goldfarb" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Storm" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> What's a "strict businesses"?

    >> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
    >> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
    >> chrsiv,
    >> 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
    >>
    >> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
    >>
    >> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
    >> under the control of corporate America.

    > The last thing on earth I would wish for would be for IBM to
    > control the kernel.
    >
    > IBM could **** up a steel cannon ball.
    >

    > Consider the fact that Rex is employed by IBM and get back to me.

    Just reminded me of a friend, former colleague and fellow JETS fan who left
    to take a job with IBM. He was happy where he was but had a long commute.
    With IBM he's be working in the same town where he lives and the benefits
    were pretty good. After about 8-10 months later left IBM and went to work
    somewhere else.

    He couldn't stand it and his description of IBM cracks me up. He said
    something like - "IBM is for people who are too smart to work for the
    government but not smart enough to work for a technology company."
    Ezekiel, Jan 22, 2010
  5. Storm

    Ezekiel Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Storm" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> What's a "strict businesses"?

    >> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
    >> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
    >> chrsiv, 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
    >>
    >> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
    >>
    >> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
    >> under the control of corporate America.

    > Which "true Linux Kernel" would that be?

    How many different Linux kernels exist today?

    And before you make a complete idiot of yourself - "version numbers" (ie -
    different releases of the *same* kernel) don't count as "different kernels."
    Ezekiel, Jan 22, 2010
  6. On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:36:25 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Storm" <> wrote in message

    >>> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
    >>> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
    >>> chrsiv,
    >>> 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
    >>>
    >>> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
    >>> under the control of corporate America.

    >> The last thing on earth I would wish for would be for IBM to
    >> control the kernel.
    >>
    >> IBM could **** up a steel cannon ball.
    >>

    >> Consider the fact that Rex is employed by IBM and get back to me.

    > Just reminded me of a friend, former colleague and fellow JETS fan who left
    > to take a job with IBM. He was happy where he was but had a long commute.
    > With IBM he's be working in the same town where he lives and the benefits
    > were pretty good. After about 8-10 months later left IBM and went to work
    > somewhere else.
    >
    > He couldn't stand it and his description of IBM cracks me up. He said
    > something like - "IBM is for people who are too smart to work for the
    > government but not smart enough to work for a technology company."

    That's about it.
    I worked for them for a couple of years in the late 70's and the
    moron count was astronomical.

    It's like civil service with none of the benefits.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Kreplach Productions
    Moshe Goldfarb, Jan 22, 2010
  7. Storm

    Snit Guest

    Re: Another Micoshfat centric myth dies: 75% of Linux developers arenow paid

    Rick stated in post on
    1/21/10 9:36 PM:

    > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:16:30 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Storm" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:49:51 GMT, 7
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> What's a "strict businesses"?

    >> Translation - 75% of the Linux kernel is now effectively controlled by
    >> corporate America. Techinically it's "open source" so somone like
    >> chrsiv, 7, and Dumb Willy can fork their own version of the kernel.
    >>
    >> ( I'll wait while you stop laughing.....)
    >>
    >> Meanwhile - the defacto standard one and only true Linux kernel remains
    >> under the control of corporate America.

    > Which "true Linux Kernel" would that be?

    How many different Linux kernels are there?

    --
    [INSERT .SIG HERE]
    Snit, Jan 22, 2010