Re: Another laughable fraud

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:07:47 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >I just got an email (with a Russian address) supposedly from Citi Bank
    >asking me to log in somewhere.
    >
    >Among all the BS was a notice never to respond to any emails from Citi Bank
    >as Citi Bank never emails anyone , so an email from them would be a fraud
    ><G>

    Remember the old "trick" questionaire?

    Read ALL instructions before doing anything.
    Write your name on the top of the paper.
    Color in all o's and 0's.

    Then the final line says, Turn over the paper and place it face down.
    You have completed this test.

    I keep getting an email from the chineese pill company that uses my
    email as the return address. Obviously the headers are forged as the
    return path includes from:[192.168.nnn.nnn]. Then in the body they
    say you can unsubscribe by clicking this and you get sent to some
    other website that has nothing to do with the pill company.

    Did you know that spam has an official US government domain?

    richard, Jan 27, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:38:08 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Did you know that spam has an official US government domain?

    Technically yes. Realistically, just an e-mail address. No webserver
    running on uce.gov or www.uce.gov.

    Evan Platt, Jan 27, 2009

  3. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:07:47 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I just got an email (with a Russian address) supposedly from Citi Bank
    >>asking me to log in somewhere.
    >>
    >>Among all the BS was a notice never to respond to any emails from Citi
    >>Bank as Citi Bank never emails anyone , so an email from them would be a
    >>fraud <G>
    >>

    > Remember the old "trick" questionaire?
    >
    > Read ALL instructions before doing anything.
    > Write your name on the top of the paper.
    > Color in all o's and 0's.
    >
    > Then the final line says, Turn over the paper and place it face down.
    > You have completed this test.
    >
    > I keep getting an email from the chineese pill company that uses my
    > email as the return address. Obviously the headers are forged as the
    > return path includes from:[192.168.nnn.nnn]. Then in the body they
    > say you can unsubscribe by clicking this and you get sent to some
    > other website that has nothing to do with the pill company.
    >
    > Did you know that spam has an official US government domain?

    Good place to forward it all to. Although I'd prefer the Senate minority leader's
    email address.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jan 28, 2009
  4. richard

    Tony Guest

    Good thing you don't live in America *eh* there Chuck? You'd fall for that scam hook,
    line and sinker in a heartbeat. Chuck do you have enough money to open a bank
    account?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Jan 28, 2009