Re: Anonymous posting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mr. H, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Mr. H

    Mr. H Guest

    (Dan Edmonds) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm pretty new to newsgroups, and recently a mate in Sydney
    > recommended I give this anonymizer thing a go, he reckoned it was
    > pretty good at keeping you safe on the net. Trouble is, when I posted
    > a reply to someone in this group, he told me to "**** off troll" I'm
    > not sure what a troll is, but it don't take an Einstein to figure out
    > it isn't something you want to be. Is it not OK to buy stuff like
    > Anonymizer? Will everybody think I'm a troll if I keep posting through
    > Google and Anonymizer? My mate said that if I used Anonymizer and
    > posted from Google I could keep spam out of my ihug.com.au account.
    > Should I just forget it, and use Outlook Express to post from my
    > ordinary account instead? I don't want to piss anybody off, I just
    > want to be safe and private, if I can.

    You are safe what can anyone do over a computer apart from attempt to
    hurt your feelings. Don't give where you live to anyone, use a
    different name (or several if you have split personalitys like the
    obergines that live in the monkey house). If your email requires your
    adress give a false one. A troll is some one like me.
    Mr. H, Jun 23, 2003