Re: Anonymizer type service that runs on W95?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Michael J. Pelletier, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. lid wrote:

    > I'd really like to find this, but I don't know if it exists. I'm looking
    > for an Anonymizer type service that doesn't require an app. that's XP/2000
    > only. I need one that'll run on 98 for sure, preferably 95. It also
    > needs to be SMALL and EFFICIENT, something in short demand these days
    > unfortunately. One computer I'd like it to run on is only an old P133
    > w/40MB RAM, so it needs to be REALLY small and efficient :) I would think
    > it'd be possible to do, since all I want is to block my IP. I don't so
    > much care if it's encrypted. After all, who cares if anybody sees what
    > I'm doing if they don't know who or where I am :)
    > For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    > Yeah, it's really a real address :)

    ....secondly, these are nothing more than a proxy/reverse proxy. "anonymizer"
    is nothing more than a ketchy marketing phrase they use to management when
    they have no clue about the technology...

    Michael J. Pelletier, Mar 18, 2005