Re: ANNI'S #1 FOOTBALL TIP !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John Turco, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > 1. If you are playing for a football Championship, DO NOT, under any
    > circumstances, run the opening kick back for a TD!
    >
    > That should be like a Man Law or something.

    Hello, Bret:

    Plus, only a month before, Ohio State had a 93-yard touchdown return,
    on the opening kickoff of its BCS National Championship Game, against
    Florida. It didn't help the Buckeyes, anymore than the Bears, as they
    were both "swamped," anyway.

    Hey, with his finally grabbing that elusive Super Bowl ring, do you
    think Peyton Manning will start doing Canon commercials? (He already
    does them, for everyone else! <g>)

    Oh, and you live in Tennessee, right? Then, do you recall the 42-17
    thrashing that Nebraska gave to Manning's Volunteers, in his final
    collegiate game (1998 Orange Bowl)?

    That victory allowed the 13-0 Cornhuskers to snap up a share of their
    fifth national title. (A mediocre, 12-0 Michigan team was given the
    other half, out of pity.)

    Too bad, NU's crushing win had to happen at Peyton's expense. :-J

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 13, 2007

  2. John Turco

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Feb 12, 11:01 pm, John Turco <> wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    > > 1. If you are playing for a football Championship, DO NOT, under any
    > > circumstances, run the opening kick back for a TD!

    > > That should be like a Man Law or something.

    > Hello, Bret:
    >
    > Plus, only a month before, Ohio State had a 93-yard touchdown return,
    > on the opening kickoff of its BCS National Championship Game, against
    > Florida. It didn't help the Buckeyes, anymore than the Bears, as they
    > were both "swamped," anyway.

    Really? Gee, what a coincidence! Who knew?

    > Oh, and you live in Tennessee, right? Then, do you recall the 42-17
    > thrashing that Nebraska gave to Manning's Volunteers, in his final
    > collegiate game (1998 Orange Bowl)?

    Wow, you must have a good memory. You can remember when Nebraska had
    a football team.

    Hard to forget that ass-whooping. Nebraska ran the ball right down
    their throats. Of course, the next year Tennessee went undefeated and
    won the National Championship. And they didn't have to share it with
    crappy Michigan, either.

    Annika1980, Feb 13, 2007

  3. John Turco

    Tom Ross Guest

    On 12 Feb 2007 21:51:01 -0800, "Annika1980" <>
    wrote:

    >On Feb 12, 11:01 pm, John Turco <> wrote:
    >> Annika1980 wrote:
    >>
    >> > 1. If you are playing for a football Championship, DO NOT, under any
    >> > circumstances, run the opening kick back for a TD!

    >> > That should be like a Man Law or something.

    >> Hello, Bret:
    >>
    >> Plus, only a month before, Ohio State had a 93-yard touchdown return,
    >> on the opening kickoff of its BCS National Championship Game, against
    >> Florida. It didn't help the Buckeyes, anymore than the Bears, as they
    >> were both "swamped," anyway.

    >Really? Gee, what a coincidence! Who knew?

    If you're going to make this into a Law, you must consider the Saints'
    Exception and work in the perils of running back the opening kickoff
    in your very first game.

    John Gilliam ran it back 94 yards against the Rams in '67. The Saints
    lost 27-13, and a winning tradition was established.

    http://www.cdol.com/saints/gilliam.html

    TR

    Tom Ross, Feb 13, 2007
  4. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > On Feb 12, 11:01 pm, John Turco <> wrote:
    > > Annika1980 wrote:
    > >
    > > > 1. If you are playing for a football Championship, DO NOT, under any
    > > > circumstances, run the opening kick back for a TD!

    > > > That should be like a Man Law or something.

    > > Hello, Bret:
    > >
    > > Plus, only a month before, Ohio State had a 93-yard touchdown return,
    > > on the opening kickoff of its BCS National Championship Game, against
    > > Florida. It didn't help the Buckeyes, anymore than the Bears, as they
    > > were both "swamped," anyway.

    > Really? Gee, what a coincidence! Who knew?

    Hello, Bret:

    By the way, Chicago's was 92-yarder...how's >that< for a coincidence,
    eh? <g>

    Here's another one: Peyton Manning earned his first Super Bowl ring,
    in the same city (Miami) that his '98 OB disaster occurred.

    > > Oh, and you live in Tennessee, right? Then, do you recall the 42-17
    > > thrashing that Nebraska gave to Manning's Volunteers, in his final
    > > collegiate game (1998 Orange Bowl)?
    > >

    > Wow, you must have a good memory. You can remember when Nebraska had
    > a football team.

    Hey, I >live< in Nebraska, as always!

    > Hard to forget that ass-whooping. Nebraska ran the ball right down
    > their throats. Of course, the next year Tennessee went undefeated and
    > won the National Championship. And they didn't have to share it with
    > crappy Michigan, either.

    Remember, what happened the following season? The 'Huskers defeated
    the Volunteers (31-21), again, in the 2000 Fiesta Bowl; Tennessee wasn't
    playing a soft, overrated Florida State squad - which had backed into
    the BCS title game, against the Vols, the year before - you see. :p

    In any event, Tennessee got off relatively easy. In its 62-24
    destruction of Florida, in the 1996 Fiesta, Nebraska buried the Gators
    under 524 rushing yards (an NCAA bowl record)! That was a national
    championship meeting (pre-BCS) between the top two teams in the country
    (No. 1 NU, 11-0; No. 2 UF, 12-0).

    What a mismatch it turned out to be! Still, I suspect that you, and your
    fellow Volunteer fans, thoroughly enjoyed seeing Florida's head coach
    (Steve Spurrier) have his visor handed to him -- even though, he's a
    native Tennessean. <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 16, 2007