Re: and more x face

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Collector»NZ wrote:

    >> How do you get Mozilla to post a custom header anyway

    > And that is what I am trying to figure out now...

    moving this to nz.comp
    last time I played with adding custom headers in moz FF, I played with
    mheney(or similar), and found that adding them was fine, and it seemed
    to show up in my sent message, but not once it was received and
    processed by anything(email or nntp).

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 7/04/2005 9:59 a.m.:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >>> How do you get Mozilla to post a custom header anyway

    >> And that is what I am trying to figure out now...

    > moving this to nz.comp
    > last time I played with adding custom headers in moz FF, I played with
    > mheney(or similar), and found that adding them was fine, and it seemed
    > to show up in my sent message, but not once it was received and
    > processed by anything(email or nntp).

    There is a discussion on making the custom x headers readable at the
    destination on Enigmail forums, which I am wading through at the moment.
    It appears TB dosnt actually parse any headers except the standard ones
    unless some trickery is used.

    Collector»NZ, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    A.D. Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 7/04/2005 9:59 a.m.:

    >>> And that is what I am trying to figure out now...

    >> moving this to nz.comp
    >> last time I played with adding custom headers in moz FF, I played with
    >> mheney(or similar), and found that adding them was fine, and it seemed
    >> to show up in my sent message, but not once it was received and
    >> processed by anything(email or nntp).

    > There is a discussion on making the custom x headers readable at the
    > destination on Enigmail forums, which I am wading through at the moment.
    > It appears TB dosnt actually parse any headers except the standard ones
    > unless some trickery is used.

    To stop mail server exploits, maybe?

    A.D.

    A.D., Apr 7, 2005