  1. Mike Benveniste

    Ray Fischer Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    >On 1/15/12 1:58 PM, in article
    >> I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes would pay more of
    >> their fair shair. Why should my wife and i pay over $2000 a year so half the
    >> rest of the nation pays none?

    >Damn GOOD question!

    It's shocking how children are STILL allowed to live in this country
    without paying their share of income taxes.

    --
    Ray Fischer | None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 18, 2012
    1. Advertising

  2. "PeterN" <> wrote in message
    > On 1/17/2012 8:44 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    >> "GMAN"<> wrote in message

    >>> I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes would pay more of
    >>> their fair shair. Why should my wife and i pay over $2000 a year so half
    >>> the
    >>> rest of the nation pays none?

    >> It's a matter of the Democrats securing a majority of votes. If they can
    >> raise
    >> that amount ot 60% they would.
    >>

    > Do you really believe that crap?
    > The Republicans who want no increases in taxes for those whose income is over
    > a million dollars.
    > Didn't our Governor, who I think is a Democrat, just reduce taxes on the
    > middle class?
    >
    > BTW is Grover Norquest's pledge mostly signed by Democrats or Republicans?

    I don't believe it's crap. Build a constituency that becomes dependent on you
    and you'll get thier vote everytime. The more government services you give to
    someone, the more they become dependent on you. The more people who don't pay
    federal taxes will grow the size of Democratic voters. Look at some of the
    large cities here, like Detroit. The same party stays in power while the city
    gets worse and worse.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Jan 18, 2012
    1. Advertising

  3. Mike Benveniste

    Walter Banks Guest

    GMAN wrote:

    > I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes would pay more of
    > their fair shair. Why should my wife and i pay over $2000 a year so half the
    > rest of the nation pays none?

    The simplest way to avoid paying the $2000 per year is to reduce your income.

    The real issue I think will start to come out when the real costs of the tax
    incentive for delayed capital gains starts to be debated with Mitt Romney's
    disclosure yesterday of paying about 15%. Here you have a case of him
    earning income derived from the labor of the companies he has invested in
    and paying less proportionately less than the employee's of those companies.

    The argument will eventually become a question of risk and return. The
    metaphorical Mitt could respond that additional taxes would deter him
    from making the risk a GOP argument for the last decade. This actually
    would be self correcting, Mitt could hang onto his money until he found
    need to spend it (He doesn't have a house in North Dakota yet) and
    then the money would go into purchasing materials and labor for his
    new shelter. The labor part then taxed at the rate of employees.

    I have owned businesses most of my adult life, I don't know of a single
    business project that was decided by the tax rate. They all came down
    to risk and return. Most of our projects had high risks related to a
    significant upfront R&D before knowing if the project idea would even
    work.

    One final quote from my father who was a farmer, "I would sure like to
    earn enough to need to pay taxes"

    w..

    Walter Banks, Jan 18, 2012
  4. Edward A. Falk, Jan 18, 2012
  5. Mike Benveniste

    Walter Banks Guest

    Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:

    > > Didn't our Governor, who I think is a Democrat, just reduce taxes on the
    > > middle class?
    > >
    > > BTW is Grover Norquest's pledge mostly signed by Democrats or Republicans?

    > I don't believe it's crap. Build a constituency that becomes dependent on you
    > and you'll get thier vote everytime. The more government services you give to
    > someone, the more they become dependent on you. The more people who don't pay
    > federal taxes will grow the size of Democratic voters. Look at some of the
    > large cities here, like Detroit. The same party stays in power while the city
    > gets worse and worse.

    Look at the alternative argument, don't educate the population, teach them
    the obedience of military discipline and mass flood people with negative
    ads. All it takes is a few hundred dollars per voter to buy the election results
    as desired.

    Maybe the pork barrel politics of endless entitlements are better at least some
    of the money comes back.

    Walter Banks, Jan 18, 2012
  6. "Edward A. Falk" <> wrote in message
    > In article <sdGQq.265055$1.easynews.com>,
    > GMAN <> wrote:
    >>>

    >> I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes ...

    > I would be much happier if people would stop believing such a bullshit
    > fake statistic. Please. When I was making squat as a work-study student
    > as part of my financial aid, I was paying taxes. Is anybody here so
    > poor that they pay *no* taxes?
    >
    > http://money.howstuffworks.com/only-53-percent-pay-income-tax.htm

    ????? You proved the point that almost 50% pay no federal income taxes.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Jan 18, 2012
  7. In article <jf7a1j$78o$>,
    Pete Stavrakoglou <> wrote:
    >"Edward A. Falk" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <sdGQq.265055$1.easynews.com>,
    >> GMAN <> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes ...

    >> I would be much happier if people would stop believing such a bullshit
    >> fake statistic. Please. When I was making squat as a work-study student
    >> as part of my financial aid, I was paying taxes. Is anybody here so
    >> poor that they pay *no* taxes?
    >>
    >> http://money.howstuffworks.com/only-53-percent-pay-income-tax.htm

    >????? You proved the point that almost 50% pay no federal income taxes.

    They still pay social security, state, local, property (if they own any)
    and sales taxes. Gman said they pay NO taxes.

    --
    -Ed Falk,
    http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

    Edward A. Falk, Jan 18, 2012
  8. "Edward A. Falk" <> wrote in message
    > In article <jf7a1j$78o$>,
    > Pete Stavrakoglou <> wrote:
    >>"Edward A. Falk" <> wrote in message

    >>> I would be much happier if people would stop believing such a bullshit
    >>> fake statistic. Please. When I was making squat as a work-study student
    >>> as part of my financial aid, I was paying taxes. Is anybody here so
    >>> poor that they pay *no* taxes?
    >>>
    >>> http://money.howstuffworks.com/only-53-percent-pay-income-tax.htm

    >>????? You proved the point that almost 50% pay no federal income taxes.

    > They still pay social security, state, local, property (if they own any)
    > and sales taxes. Gman said they pay NO taxes.
    >
    > --
    > -Ed Falk,
    > http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

    The fact that about 50% of people pay no federal income taxes was raised by me
    in this thread, I believe. That is the claim that was made and was disputed. I
    made it clear that I was referring to *federal income taxes*. Not once did I
    claim that they pay no taxes of any kind, only federal. This is no fake
    statistic, on BS. It's a fact.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Jan 19, 2012
  9. Mike Benveniste

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/18/2012 3:22 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
    > George Kerby<> wrote:
    >> On 1/15/12 1:58 PM, in article
    >>> I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes would pay more of
    >>> their fair shair. Why should my wife and i pay over $2000 a year so half the
    >>> rest of the nation pays none?

    >> Damn GOOD question!

    > It's shocking how children are STILL allowed to live in this country
    > without paying their share of income taxes.

    Point not consistent with the facts. They do pay income taxes.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jan 19, 2012
  10. Mike Benveniste

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/18/2012 8:16 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    > "PeterN"<> wrote in message
    >> On 1/17/2012 8:44 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    >>> "GMAN"<> wrote in message

    >>> It's a matter of the Democrats securing a majority of votes. If they can
    >>> raise
    >>> that amount ot 60% they would.
    >>>

    >> Do you really believe that crap?
    >> The Republicans who want no increases in taxes for those whose income is over
    >> a million dollars.
    >> Didn't our Governor, who I think is a Democrat, just reduce taxes on the
    >> middle class?
    >>
    >> BTW is Grover Norquest's pledge mostly signed by Democrats or Republicans?

    > I don't believe it's crap. Build a constituency that becomes dependent on you
    > and you'll get thier vote everytime. The more government services you give to
    > someone, the more they become dependent on you. The more people who don't pay
    > federal taxes will grow the size of Democratic voters. Look at some of the
    > large cities here, like Detroit. The same party stays in power while the city
    > gets worse and worse.

    60%?
    Grover Norquest?

    We had an interesting experience. My wife won a small, but reportable
    jackpot by playing the slot machines. Our gambling losses will not
    offset the gains, and we will happily pay the taxes.

    There is something morally wrong when high income earners pay less in
    taxes than others.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jan 19, 2012
  11. Mike Benveniste

    Ray Fischer Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    > "Ray Fischer" <> wrote:
    >> George Kerby <> wrote:
    >>> On 1/15/12 1:58 PM, in article
    >>>
    >>> Damn GOOD question!

    >> It's shocking how children are STILL allowed to live in this country
    >> without paying their share of income taxes.

    >Nice lie.

    What "lie", nazi boi? Or don't you know what that word means?

    Ray Fischer, Jan 20, 2012
  12. Mike Benveniste

    Ray Fischer Guest

    PeterN <> wrote:
    >On 1/18/2012 3:22 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
    >> George Kerby<> wrote:
    >>> On 1/15/12 1:58 PM, in article
    >>>
    >>> Damn GOOD question!

    >> It's shocking how children are STILL allowed to live in this country
    >> without paying their share of income taxes.

    >Point not consistent with the facts.

    Children are required to pay taxes?

    > They do pay income taxes.

    No kidding?!? Got any evidence?

    Ray Fischer, Jan 20, 2012
  13. Mike Benveniste

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Pete Stavrakoglou <> wrote:
    >"Edward A. Falk" <> wrote in message
    >> GMAN <> wrote:

    >>> I would be much happier if the 49 percent who pay NO taxes ...

    >> I would be much happier if people would stop believing such a bullshit
    >> fake statistic. Please. When I was making squat as a work-study student
    >> as part of my financial aid, I was paying taxes. Is anybody here so
    >> poor that they pay *no* taxes?
    >>
    >> http://money.howstuffworks.com/only-53-percent-pay-income-tax.htm

    >????? You proved the point that almost 50% pay no federal income taxes.

    It takes a special kind of malicious stupidity to whine that people
    who don't have jobs, who are disabled, who are too young to work, who
    don't have incomes, should be required to pay taxes so that the
    megarich don't have to.

    How did you get to be such a coldhearted, greedy, corrupt, asshole?

    Ray Fischer, Jan 20, 2012
  14. Mike Benveniste

    GMAN Guest

    In article <4f1912d2$0$1710$>, wrote:
    >Pete Stavrakoglou <> wrote:

    >>> I would be much happier if people would stop believing such a bullshit
    >>> fake statistic. Please. When I was making squat as a work-study student
    >>> as part of my financial aid, I was paying taxes. Is anybody here so
    >>> poor that they pay *no* taxes?
    >>>
    >>> http://money.howstuffworks.com/only-53-percent-pay-income-tax.htm

    >>????? You proved the point that almost 50% pay no federal income taxes.

    >It takes a special kind of malicious stupidity to whine that people
    >who don't have jobs, who are disabled, who are too young to work, who
    >don't have incomes, should be required to pay taxes so that the
    >megarich don't have to.
    >
    >How did you get to be such a coldhearted, greedy, corrupt, asshole?

    Noone is saying that the megarich shouldnt pay taxes, but we want those who
    suck the system dry to pay a share too.

    I get sick of seeing all these fat people get out of their huge $50,000
    trucks, get in the electric wheelchair at Walmart, pretend to be disabled,
    then proceed to pay for their purchase with food stamps!!!!

    Someone should "DISABLE" their abilty to go into all you can eat
    buffets!!!

    GMAN, Jan 20, 2012
  15. Mike Benveniste

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/19/2012 10:37 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-01-19 17:50:22 -0800, George Kerby <> said:
    >

    >> On 1/19/12 3:23 PM, in article
    >> 4f1889f4$0$18695$-secrets.com, "PeterN"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Point not consistent with the facts. They do pay income taxes.
    >>>

    >> Would you expect anything different from our resident Occupier?!?

    > Does he look anything like this guy?
    > < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_0306Gw1.jpg >

    That image has an HDR look.

    Hairy
    Dirty
    Relies on handouts

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jan 20, 2012
  16. Mike Benveniste

    PeterN Guest

    http:\\www.irs.gov

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jan 20, 2012
  17. Mike Benveniste

    PeterN Guest

    On 1/20/2012 1:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-01-20 09:29:17 -0800, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 1/19/2012 10:37 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> Does he look anything like this guy?
    >>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_0306Gw1.jpg >
    >>>

    >> That image has an HDR look.

    > So?

    See my definition of HDR for that image. ;-

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jan 20, 2012
  18. Mike Benveniste

    Trevor Guest

    "Eric Stevens" <> wrote in message
    > Are you claiming that 50% of the US population don't have
    > jobs, are disabled, are too young to work, or don't have incomes?

    Sounds about right. And still pay many taxes!

    Trevor.

    Trevor, Jan 20, 2012
  19. Mike Benveniste

    Trevor Guest

    > Right-wingnuts are nothing if not stupid.
    >How else could you support
    > a party that would raise fees and taxes for the middle class in order
    > to give massive tax breaks to the megarich?

    They're not ALL stupid, some of them ARE the mega-rich, greedy and self
    serving. What they support IS exactly right for them.
    But obviously there are far more stupid poor people swayed by the HUGE
    advertising budgets, since there simply aren't enough mega-rich voters. And
    any parties that support the poor have no advertising budgets at all, so
    never see the light of day.
    The creed "of the the rich, by the rich and for the rich" was invented in
    the USA wasn't it?

    Trevor.

    Trevor, Jan 31, 2012