Re: An appeal for common sense and restraint when dealing with 'Trolls'!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Scott, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Robert  Scott

    Robert Scott Guest

    "chas" <> wrote in message

    > Please folks, we've all heard the expression "Don't feed the Trolls".
    > Let's show a little maturity and common sense when dealing with these
    > idiots and NOT respond. As much as you may think you are chastising
    > them with your words, you are only giving new life to their infantile
    > postings. Do we really want to keep these threads bouncing around this
    > group for days at a time?
    > Let their words die the quick death they were meant for by ignoring
    > them. Please!

    Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
    Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
    newsgroup....

    Take it easy,
    Bob Scott
    Robert Scott, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Robert  Scott

    Boch Guest

    Will do your right.

    --
    _________________-
    BOCH

    Boch, Apr 4, 2005

  3. In article <nii4e.3859$>,
    "Robert Scott" <> wrote:

    > Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
    > Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
    > newsgroup....

    (Reposted in case you miss the article elsewhere in the thread...)

    Kill if Xref: matches the regular expression :.+:.+:.+: (for 4
    cross-posts).

    ----j7y

    --
    jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
    (440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings
    | Their ashes in urns
    http://www.livejournal.com/~jere7my | Come back to each man's house."
    --- Aeschylus, The Agamemnon
    jere7my tho?rpe, Apr 4, 2005
  4. Robert  Scott

    DFS Guest

    >> Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
    >> Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
    >> newsgroup....

    > (Reposted in case you miss the article elsewhere in the thread...)
    >
    > Kill if Xref: matches the regular expression :.+:.+:.+: (for 4
    > cross-posts).

    How would you apply this in OE. OE has a very limited set of rules that can
    be applied to filter posts. Is there someplace other than Tools/Message
    Rules/News that one can apply the filter you suggest, or are we SOL?

    ds
    DFS, Apr 5, 2005
  5. In article <Qmz4e.2932$1r6.1272@trnddc02>, "DFS" <> wrote:

    > >> Is there a way to filter messages that are cross-posted (using MS Outlook
    > >> Express)? That would help make it a lot more enjoyable to follow this
    > >> newsgroup....

    > > (Reposted in case you miss the article elsewhere in the thread...)
    > >
    > > Kill if Xref: matches the regular expression :.+:.+:.+: (for 4
    > > cross-posts).
    > >

    > How would you apply this in OE. OE has a very limited set of rules that can
    > be applied to filter posts. Is there someplace other than Tools/Message
    > Rules/News that one can apply the filter you suggest, or are we SOL?

    This I don't know, I'm afraid; I don't use OE. TSOR (thirty seconds of
    research) on Google indicates OE can use regexps, but I'm not sure how.

    ----j7y

    jere7my tho?rpe, Apr 5, 2005