Re: AMIGA!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Fierce Guppy, Dec 5, 2008.

  1. Fierce Guppy

    Fierce Guppy Guest

    Puddle formulated the question :
    > Has anyone had a look at or used AmigaOS 4?
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOS_4
    >
    > It doesn't look too bad!
    >
    > Ahh just the name Amiga brings back fond memories.. :), though for me it was
    > defending my Atari ST against the Amiga crowd...

    Yeah... sorry about that.

    AmigaOS4 looks beautiful and I'd purchase it in a heartbeat but for the
    fact the OS is not compatible with intel hardware, and this is because
    around the year 2000 a bunch of Amiga users elected to go the PowerPC
    route rather than allow their Preciousss to run on the same hardware
    the unwashed masses use.

    Snobs.

    Tony.

    --