Re: America

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Sep 7, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in

    > I've just got yet another chainmail blaming America for the deaths of
    > British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    >
    > I am not an historian, but I have never of the American people
    > slagging off Britain for the deaths of American soldiers whilst they
    > were fighting for Britain in WW2.
    >
    > I lived in Australia whilst the Viet Nam war was being fought. To the
    > best of my recollections the Australian people did not blame America
    > for the deaths of their soldiers.

    If it has any basis in fact, it's with friendly fire. Something both the
    Canadian and UK forces have worried about the US forces since during WWII.
    The US *does* make such mistakes more than any other western country, quite
    possibly due to their shorter training periods and allowing their forces to
    use things like Benzedrine while on combat missions in a war zone.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 7, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    Mike P Guest

    On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:18:45 +0000, chuckcar boggled us with:

    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I've just got yet another chainmail blaming America for the deaths of
    >> British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    >>
    >> I am not an historian, but I have never of the American people slagging
    >> off Britain for the deaths of American soldiers whilst they were
    >> fighting for Britain in WW2.
    >>
    >> I lived in Australia whilst the Viet Nam war was being fought. To the
    >> best of my recollections the Australian people did not blame America
    >> for the deaths of their soldiers.
    >>

    > If it has any basis in fact, it's with friendly fire. Something both the
    > Canadian and UK forces have worried about the US forces since during
    > WWII. The US *does* make such mistakes more than any other western
    > country, quite possibly due to their shorter training periods and
    > allowing their forces to use things like Benzedrine while on combat
    > missions in a war zone.

    Excerpt from my Grandfather's war diary. 25th Jan, 1943. Somewhere near
    Tripoli

    "During the training period 50% of one platoon are made casualties
    through inaccurate Yankee bombing. Their target was ten miles away and
    they missed killing five and wounding another eight. I gave the stretcher-
    bearers a hand. After that we dashed for cover on sighting any kind of
    plane, particularly the 18’s which were nearly all American.

    The day after this occurrence I am caught in the open by a Jerry bomber.
    I couldn’t believe, after ridding myself of dust, that I was unhurt"

    --
    Mike P

    Mike P, Sep 7, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >"Mr Pounder" <> wrote in

    >> I've just got yet another chainmail blaming America for the deaths of
    >> British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    >>
    >> I am not an historian, but I have never of the American people
    >> slagging off Britain for the deaths of American soldiers whilst they
    >> were fighting for Britain in WW2.
    >>
    >> I lived in Australia whilst the Viet Nam war was being fought. To the
    >> best of my recollections the Australian people did not blame America
    >> for the deaths of their soldiers.
    >>

    >If it has any basis in fact, it's with friendly fire. Something both the
    >Canadian and UK forces have worried about the US forces since during WWII.
    >The US *does* make such mistakes more than any other western country, quite
    >possibly due to their shorter training periods and allowing their forces to
    >use things like Benzedrine while on combat missions in a war zone.

    If that's the case you'll, no doubt, be able to substantiate those
    claims with documented studies. And I do mean more than one poor
    study reported multiple times.

    Mike "put up pr STFU" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 7, 2010
  4. chuckcar

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    >> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>>"Mr Pounder" <> wrote in

    >>>If it has any basis in fact, it's with friendly fire. Something both
    >>>the Canadian and UK forces have worried about the US forces since
    >>>during WWII. The US *does* make such mistakes more than any other
    >>>western country, quite possibly due to their shorter training periods
    >>>and allowing their forces to use things like Benzedrine while on
    >>>combat missions in a war zone.

    >> If that's the case you'll, no doubt, be able to substantiate those
    >> claims with documented studies. And I do mean more than one poor
    >> study reported multiple times.
    >>

    >Studies? name *one* published study of international rating of army
    >performance or comparison of same with other countries.

    Thet is what I just challenged you to do. You are the one trying
    to prove a point, so offer some proof.

    >There is no such thing. Because that would be seen by defence
    >forces as a gross breach of security. However, I'll give you a
    >very well documented case that shows *exactly* what I said. In
    >Afganistan.

    You admit there is no such proof and yet you offer up a single
    data point to prove the results of a comparison. Do you even
    comprehend what *you* write?

    >http://tech.mit.edu/V122/N19/Long_3_19.19w.html

    >This was all over the news when it happened. The pilot *was* on
    >Benzedrine and completely ignored any orders *not* to fire. And it was
    >far from the only incident that year or during the period when the Afgan
    >war was under full tilt.

    And now we have another single data point offered as proof of a
    trend.

    >You simply will not get anything other than reported incidents. The
    >above one was made into an inquiry by pressure from the Canadian Govt.
    >and the pilot removed from flying.

    When I was on a USAF firing range qualifying with an M-16 there
    was one recruit there who put seventy (70) rounds through a
    single two inch hole in his target. Did that make all of us
    expert shots? One data point is not a pattern, trend or
    indication of anything/

    Mike "again, you supply your own proof" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 7, 2010
  5. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    >>> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>> If that's the case you'll, no doubt, be able to substantiate those
    >>> claims with documented studies. And I do mean more than one poor
    >>> study reported multiple times.
    >>>

    >>Studies? name *one* published study of international rating of army
    >>performance or comparison of same with other countries.

    > Thet is what I just challenged you to do. You are the one trying
    > to prove a point, so offer some proof.

    There simply *won't* be. What part of top secret don't you understand?

    >>There is no such thing. Because that would be seen by defence
    >>forces as a gross breach of security. However, I'll give you a
    >>very well documented case that shows *exactly* what I said. In
    >>Afganistan.

    > You admit there is no such proof and yet you offer up a single
    > data point to prove the results of a comparison. Do you even
    > comprehend what *you* write?
    >
    >>http://tech.mit.edu/V122/N19/Long_3_19.19w.html

    >>This was all over the news when it happened. The pilot *was* on
    >>Benzedrine and completely ignored any orders *not* to fire. And it was
    >>far from the only incident that year or during the period when the
    >>Afgan war was under full tilt.

    > And now we have another single data point offered as proof of a
    > trend.
    >
    >>You simply will not get anything other than reported incidents. The
    >>above one was made into an inquiry by pressure from the Canadian Govt.
    >>and the pilot removed from flying.

    > When I was on a USAF firing range qualifying with an M-16 there
    > was one recruit there who put seventy (70) rounds through a
    > single two inch hole in his target. Did that make all of us
    > expert shots? One data point is not a pattern, trend or
    > indication of anything/

    Did he also shot his drill instructor? Stanley Kubrick didn't make that
    bit of drama up out of thin air you know. Besides, what does that have
    to do with judgement or not caring about making a mistake in same?

    Again, your complete lack of understanding of the truth of the real
    world shows itself.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 7, 2010
  6. chuckcar

    harry Guest

    On 7 Sep, 09:14, Mike P <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:18:45 +0000, chuckcar boggled us with:
    >

    > > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in

    > >> I've just got yet another chainmail blaming America for the deaths of
    > >> British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    > >> I am not an historian, but I have never of the American people slagging
    > >> off Britain for the deaths of American soldiers whilst they were
    > >> fighting for Britain in WW2.

    > >> I lived in Australia whilst the Viet Nam war was being fought. To the
    > >> best of my recollections the Australian people did not blame America
    > >> for the deaths of their soldiers.

    > > If it has any basis in fact, it's with friendly fire. Something both the
    > > Canadian and UK forces have worried about the US forces since during
    > > WWII. The US *does* make such mistakes more than any other western
    > > country, quite possibly due to their shorter training periods and
    > > allowing their forces to use things like Benzedrine while on combat
    > > missions in a war zone.

    > Excerpt from my Grandfather's war diary. 25th Jan, 1943. Somewhere near
    > Tripoli
    >
    > "During the training period 50% of one platoon are made casualties
    > through inaccurate Yankee bombing. Their target was ten miles away and
    > they missed killing five and wounding another eight. I gave the stretcher-
    > bearers a hand. After that we dashed for cover on sighting any kind of
    > plane, particularly the 18’s which were nearly all American.
    >
    > The day after this occurrence I am caught in the open by a Jerry bomber.
    > I couldn’t believe, after ridding myself of dust, that I was unhurt"
    >
    > --
    > Mike P- Hide quoted text -

    Hah. The Yanks bombed Prague by mistake when Dresden was the intended
    target. Broad daylight too.

    harry, Sep 7, 2010
  7. chuckcar

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Yetto <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>>Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    >>>Studies? name *one* published study of international rating of army
    >>>performance or comparison of same with other countries.

    >> Thet is what I just challenged you to do. You are the one trying
    >> to prove a point, so offer some proof.
    >>

    > There simply *won't* be. What part of top secret don't you understand?
    >
    >>>There is no such thing. Because that would be seen by defence
    >>>forces as a gross breach of security. However, I'll give you a
    >>>very well documented case that shows *exactly* what I said. In
    >>>Afganistan.

    >> You admit there is no such proof and yet you offer up a single
    >> data point to prove the results of a comparison. Do you even
    >> comprehend what *you* write?
    >>
    >>>http://tech.mit.edu/V122/N19/Long_3_19.19w.html

    >>>This was all over the news when it happened. The pilot *was* on
    >>>Benzedrine and completely ignored any orders *not* to fire. And it was
    >>>far from the only incident that year or during the period when the
    >>>Afgan war was under full tilt.

    >> And now we have another single data point offered as proof of a
    >> trend.
    >>
    >>>You simply will not get anything other than reported incidents. The
    >>>above one was made into an inquiry by pressure from the Canadian Govt.
    >>>and the pilot removed from flying.

    >> When I was on a USAF firing range qualifying with an M-16 there
    >> was one recruit there who put seventy (70) rounds through a
    >> single two inch hole in his target. Did that make all of us
    >> expert shots? One data point is not a pattern, trend or
    >> indication of anything/
    >>

    > Did he also shot his drill instructor? Stanley Kubrick didn't make that
    > bit of drama up out of thin air you know. Besides, what does that have
    > to do with judgement or not caring about making a mistake in same?
    >
    > Again, your complete lack of understanding of the truth of the real
    > world shows itself.
    >

    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    Hang about!
    What happened to my original posting?
    You are all off topic, I once got reported to my ISP for posting off topic.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 7, 2010
  8. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> Mike Yetto <> wrote in
    >>

    > Hang about!
    > What happened to my original posting?
    > You are all off topic, I once got reported to my ISP for posting off
    > topic.

    You're kidding right? use a free server FCS if that's the case.

    I'm talking about US friendly fire. Surely this branch of the thread is
    completely On-topic.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 7, 2010
  9. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:20:44 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Afgan

    WTF?????

    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.

    Aardvark, Sep 8, 2010
  10. chuckcar

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >There simply *won't* be. What part of top secret don't you understand?

    Top Secret: Information, the unauthorized disclosure of which,
    would cause grave harm to the United States.

    I'd say that you don't have the need to know more, but you don't
    have the ability.

    Mike "then I'd have to killfile you" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 8, 2010
  11. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    > chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>There simply *won't* be. What part of top secret don't you understand?

    > Top Secret: Information, the unauthorized disclosure of which,
    > would cause grave harm to the United States.
    >
    > I'd say that you don't have the need to know more, but you don't
    > have the ability.
    >
    > Mike "then I'd have to killfile you" Yetto

    Ah, but *could* you? If it became public knowledge (or at least known to
    the world's governments) the US would never have to worry about finding
    a war ever again. They'd cease to exist.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 8, 2010
  12. chuckcar

    Mike Yetto Guest

    chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    >> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>>There simply *won't* be. What part of top secret don't you understand?

    >> Top Secret: Information, the unauthorized disclosure of which,
    >> would cause grave harm to the United States.
    >>
    >> I'd say that you don't have the need to know more, but you don't
    >> have the ability.
    >>
    >> Mike "then I'd have to killfile you" Yetto

    >Ah, but *could* you? If it became public knowledge (or at least known to
    >the world's governments) the US would never have to worry about finding
    >a war ever again. They'd cease to exist.

    Do you know what "non-sequitur" means? How about "apropos"?

    Mike "or for that matter, 'nonsense'?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Sep 8, 2010
  13. chuckcar

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:25:36 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    > chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>Mike Yetto <> wrote in

    >>> chuckcar <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>>
    >>> Top Secret: Information, the unauthorized disclosure of which, would
    >>> cause grave harm to the United States.
    >>>
    >>> I'd say that you don't have the need to know more, but you don't have
    >>> the ability.
    >>>
    >>> Mike "then I'd have to killfile you" Yetto

    >>Ah, but *could* you? If it became public knowledge (or at least known to
    >>the world's governments) the US would never have to worry about finding
    >>a war ever again. They'd cease to exist.

    > Do you know what "non-sequitur" means? How about "apropos"?

    Funny!

    Meat Plow, Sep 8, 2010
  14. chuckcar

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >>> Mike Yetto <> wrote in
    >>>

    >> Hang about!
    >> What happened to my original posting?
    >> You are all off topic, I once got reported to my ISP for posting off
    >> topic.
    >>

    > You're kidding right? use a free server FCS if that's the case.

    I upset some people :))))))))>

    Mr Pounder, Sep 8, 2010
  15. chuckcar

    freemont Guest

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:25:36 -0400, Mike Yetto writ:

    http://24hoursupport-tards.info/#nonseq

    > Mike "or for that matter, 'nonsense'?" Yetto

    Or "nonsence", in Chuckspeak.

    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    â‚ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:

    freemont, Sep 11, 2010