Re: America

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Theodore, Sep 6, 2010.

  1. Theodore

    Theodore Guest

    On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:32:03 +0100, "Mr Pounder"
    <> wrote:

    >I've just got yet another chainmail blaming America for the deaths of
    >British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    >
    >I am not an historian, but I have never of the American people slagging off
    >Britain for the deaths of American soldiers whilst they were fighting for
    >Britain in WW2.
    >
    >I lived in Australia whilst the Viet Nam war was being fought. To the best
    >of my recollections the Australian people did not blame America for the
    >deaths of their soldiers.

    Ah, no doubt from the usual anti-war rent-a-mob. Clueless idiots of
    the Playstation generation.
    Theodore, Sep 6, 2010

  2. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Theodore" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:32:03 +0100, "Mr Pounder"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've just got yet another chainmail blaming America for the deaths of
    >>British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    >>
    >>I am not an historian, but I have never of the American people slagging
    >>off
    >>Britain for the deaths of American soldiers whilst they were fighting for
    >>Britain in WW2.
    >>
    >>I lived in Australia whilst the Viet Nam war was being fought. To the best
    >>of my recollections the Australian people did not blame America for the
    >>deaths of their soldiers.

    > Ah, no doubt from the usual anti-war rent-a-mob. Clueless idiots of
    > the Playstation generation.

    Do you mean the chainmail?

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010

  3. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On 9/6/2010 1:44 PM Just to please that super-ego, Theodore wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:32:03 +0100, "Mr Pounder"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've just got yet another chainmail blaming America for the deaths of
    >>> British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    >>>
    >>> I am not an historian, but I have never of the American people slagging
    >>> off
    >>> Britain for the deaths of American soldiers whilst they were fighting
    >>> for
    >>> Britain in WW2.
    >>>
    >>> I lived in Australia whilst the Viet Nam war was being fought. To the
    >>> best
    >>> of my recollections the Australian people did not blame America for the
    >>> deaths of their soldiers.

    >> Ah, no doubt from the usual anti-war rent-a-mob. Clueless idiots of
    >> the Playstation generation.
    >>

    > BEST ANSWER AWARD (A+A+A+)
    >
    > --
    > OldGringo38
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    Why are my posting on this subject being removed from this group?
    Maybe you can see my original posting and a few replies but on my screen
    they are gone.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  4. Theodore

    > On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >>> On 9/6/2010 1:44 PM Just to please that super-ego, Theodore wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> BEST ANSWER AWARD (A+A+A+)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> OldGringo38
    >>> Just West Of Nowhere
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    >> Why are my posting on this subject being removed from this group?
    >> Maybe you can see my original posting and a few replies but on my screen
    >> they are gone.
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder
    >>>

    > They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >
    > --
    > OldGringo38
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    Not deleted.
    I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    available on my server.
    The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    I have never experienced this before.
    I know I am not a popular person but ............
    BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    This is most peculiar.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  5. Theodore

    meerkat Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message

    > "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message

    >>> Why are my posting on this subject being removed from this group?
    >>> Maybe you can see my original posting and a few replies but on my screen
    >>> they are gone.
    >>>
    >>> Mr Pounder
    >>>>

    >> They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >>
    >> --
    >> OldGringo38
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    > Not deleted.
    > I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    > Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    > available on my server.
    > The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    > I have never experienced this before.
    > I know I am not a popular person but ............
    > BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    > This is most peculiar.

    Similar problem here Mr P.
    meerkat, Sep 6, 2010
  6. Theodore

    meerkat Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message

    > "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message

    >>> Why are my posting on this subject being removed from this group?
    >>> Maybe you can see my original posting and a few replies but on my screen
    >>> they are gone.
    >>>
    >>> Mr Pounder
    >>>>

    >> They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >>
    >> --
    >> OldGringo38
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    > Not deleted.
    > I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    > Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    > available on my server.
    > The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    > I have never experienced this before.
    > I know I am not a popular person but ............
    > BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    > This is most peculiar.

    perhaps Virginmedia are having a clear out...
    meerkat, Sep 6, 2010
  7. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >>> On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> OldGringo38
    >>> Just West Of Nowhere
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    >> Not deleted.
    >> I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    >> Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    >> available on my server.
    >> The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    >> I have never experienced this before.
    >> I know I am not a popular person but ............
    >> BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    >> This is most peculiar.
    >>

    > Similar problem here Mr P.

    Hallo Mr MeerKat

    I've just rebooted and all seems to be okay.
    Most peculiar is this.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  8. Theodore

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/6/2010 2:34 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the

    That's a new one to me also. ???

    OldGringo38, Sep 6, 2010
  9. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >>> On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> OldGringo38
    >>> Just West Of Nowhere
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    >> Not deleted.
    >> I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    >> Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    >> available on my server.
    >> The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    >> I have never experienced this before.
    >> I know I am not a popular person but ............
    >> BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    >> This is most peculiar.
    >>

    > perhaps Virginmedia are having a clear out...

    I've been with them since Telewest - over ten years now. I pay for 10MB and
    I get very close, that is the only reason why I am still with them.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  10. Theodore

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 20:40:17 +0100, meerkat wrote:

    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >>> On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote
    >>> the following tidbit of information:

    >>> They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> OldGringo38
    >>> Just West Of Nowhere
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest Support Bacteria: They're the
    >>> only culture some people have.

    >> Not deleted.
    >> I'm getting message no longer available on this server. Your last one
    >> (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer available
    >> on my server.
    >> The rest have all disappeared from my screen. I have never experienced
    >> this before. I know I am not a popular person but ............ BTW,
    >> Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there. This
    >> is most peculiar.
    >>

    > Similar problem here Mr P.

    Well no shit you're both using Virginmedia's usenet servers.

    No problems here at Altopia.

    Meat Plow, Sep 6, 2010
  11. Theodore

    meerkat Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not deleted.
    >>> I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    >>> Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no
    >>> longer available on my server.
    >>> The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    >>> I have never experienced this before.
    >>> I know I am not a popular person but ............
    >>> BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    >>> This is most peculiar.
    >>>

    >> Similar problem here Mr P.

    > Hallo Mr MeerKat
    >
    > I've just rebooted and all seems to be okay.
    > Most peculiar is this.

    I`ll try a re-boot then.
    meerkat, Sep 6, 2010
  12. Theodore

    meerkat Guest

    "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not deleted.
    >>> I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    >>> Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no
    >>> longer available on my server.
    >>> The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    >>> I have never experienced this before.
    >>> I know I am not a popular person but ............
    >>> BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    >>> This is most peculiar.
    >>>

    >> perhaps Virginmedia are having a clear out...

    > I've been with them since Telewest - over ten years now. I pay for 10MB
    > and I get very close, that is the only reason why I am still with them.

    Ditto with VM, I`ve just restarted, and there`s no change.
    meerkat, Sep 6, 2010
  13. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message

    >>> Similar problem here Mr P.

    >> Hallo Mr MeerKat
    >>
    >> I've just rebooted and all seems to be okay.
    >> Most peculiar is this.
    >>

    > I`ll try a re-boot then.

    It worked for me.
    No idea why.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  14. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 20:40:17 +0100, meerkat wrote:
    >
    >> "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not deleted.
    >>> I'm getting message no longer available on this server. Your last one
    >>> (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer available
    >>> on my server.
    >>> The rest have all disappeared from my screen. I have never experienced
    >>> this before. I know I am not a popular person but ............ BTW,
    >>> Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there. This
    >>> is most peculiar.
    >>>

    >> Similar problem here Mr P.

    > Well no shit you're both using Virginmedia's usenet servers.
    >
    > No problems here at Altopia.
    >

    > --
    > Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    I'm back and I see you.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  15. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mr Pounder" <> wrote in message

    >>> perhaps Virginmedia are having a clear out...

    >> I've been with them since Telewest - over ten years now. I pay for 10MB
    >> and I get very close, that is the only reason why I am still with them.
    >>

    > Ditto with VM, I`ve just restarted, and there`s no change.

    Well, you have not gone from my screen.
    Things will get better, VM sometimes takes time to heal.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  16. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > On 09/06/2010 02:34 PM, Mr Pounder wrote:
    >> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >>> On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> OldGringo38
    >>> Just West Of Nowhere
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    >> Not deleted.
    >> I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    >> Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    >> available on my server.
    >> The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    >> I have never experienced this before.
    >> I know I am not a popular person but ............
    >> BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    >> This is most peculiar.
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder
    >>

    > I don't know why...but sometimes messages just disappear.
    >
    > I know that when I've made totally asinine comments,
    > they seem to stay up there forever though :)

    It just seemed odd that when I made a semi political posting to what is now
    an American dominated ng everything went wrong.
    I don't do politics.

    Mr Pounder
    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  17. Theodore

    > On 9/6/2010 2:34 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >>> On 9/6/2010 2:11 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> They are all here, could you have accidentally deleted them?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> OldGringo38
    >>> Just West Of Nowhere
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    >> Not deleted.
    >> I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    >> Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    >> available on my server.
    >> The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    >> I have never experienced this before.
    >> I know I am not a popular person but ............
    >> BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    >> This is most peculiar.
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder
    >>

    > That's a new one to me also. ???
    >
    > --
    > OldGringo38
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    After a reboot all is fine.
    I dunno and I am supposed to be an Internet God :)

    Mr Pounder
    Mr Pounder, Sep 6, 2010
  18. Theodore

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/6/2010 3:45 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> On 9/6/2010 2:34 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr Pounder wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message

    >>> Not deleted.
    >>> I'm getting message no longer available on this server.
    >>> Your last one (before this one) and my posting before yours are no longer
    >>> available on my server.
    >>> The rest have all disappeared from my screen.
    >>> I have never experienced this before.
    >>> I know I am not a popular person but ............
    >>> BTW, Subject was crossposted to uk.legal, all the messages are there.
    >>> This is most peculiar.
    >>>
    >>> Mr Pounder
    >>>

    >> That's a new one to me also. ???
    >>
    >> --
    >> OldGringo38
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.

    > After a reboot all is fine.
    > I dunno and I am supposed to be an Internet God :)
    >
    > Mr Pounder

    <g> Good Luck. HEY!! While you are here, how about giving me your
    opinion on Breville Appliances. I have 2 of them and think they are
    fantastic.

    OldGringo38, Sep 6, 2010
  19. Theodore

    chuckcar Guest

    On 06 Sep 2010, you wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hallo Mr MeerKat
    >>>
    >>> I've just rebooted and all seems to be okay.
    >>> Most peculiar is this.
    >>>

    >> I`ll try a re-boot then.

    > It worked for me.
    > No idea why.

    Well, you're *both* using OE...

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 7, 2010
  20. Theodore

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > On 09/06/2010 03:43 PM, Mr Pounder wrote:
    >> "philo"<> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> I don't know why...but sometimes messages just disappear.
    >>>
    >>> I know that when I've made totally asinine comments,
    >>> they seem to stay up there forever though :)

    >> It just seemed odd that when I made a semi political posting to what is
    >> now
    >> an American dominated ng everything went wrong.
    >> I don't do politics.
    >>
    >> Mr Pounder
    >>

    > You post disappeared
    > but I don't think politics had anything to do with it

    Cross posted to uk.legal.
    Some replies posted today have been removed from the server.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Sep 7, 2010