Re: AMD vs Intel Pros and Cons (HWF)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DeMoN LaG, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. DeMoN LaG

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Edge" <> wrote in
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

     > but may be noisier (due to added fans due to the extra heat) .
     > I also find there third parties making the Athalon chip.

    Bulldunk, AMD CPUs do not require that much extra cooling. The
    difference
    is you can get by with a cheap POS cooler for a P4, but you need
    quality
    parts for an Athlon

    --
    http://www.HardwareForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
    Topic URL: http://www.HardwareForumz.com/Homemade-HPIIID-Service-ftopict109350.html

    DeMoN LaG, Jun 7, 2004

  2. DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > "Edge" <> wrote in
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
    >
    > > but may be noisier (due to added fans due to the extra heat) .
    > > I also find there third parties making the Athalon chip.
    > >

    > Bulldunk, AMD CPUs do not require that much extra cooling. The
    > difference
    > is you can get by with a cheap POS cooler for a P4, but you need
    > quality
    > parts for an Athlon

    Many people compensate for the lack of a quality cooler by installing
    multiple POS coolers. I've never figured out whether that makes sense
    economically or not but it certainly increases the noise level.

    Calvin Crumrine, Jun 8, 2004