Re: AMD QUAD CORE Phenom bundle (Maplins bundle) won't let me install WinXP!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, May 6, 2009.

  1. Guest

    frobber <> wrote:

    >It gets as far as loading the setup
    >files into memory then stops with a warning about protecting the
    >computer.

    It's an old BIOS setting, I haven't seen in awhile.
    But there is a setting about stopping virus's or something
    like that (different wording on each BIOS)

    What it does is blocks writing to the MBR, XP has to write to the MBR,
    if that BIOS setting is on, XP will stop installing.

    Like I mentioned it's an old setting, but yours could have it.

    --

    http://www.myprops.org/content/Face-Transplant-Patient-Is-Revealed/

    , May 6, 2009