Re: AMD QUAD CORE Phenom bundle (Maplins bundle) won't let me install WinXP!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Buffalo, May 5, 2009.

  1. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    frobber wrote:
    > Hi
    > I've just bought an "AMD QUAD CORE Phenom X4 9500 Hybrid SLi
    > Motherboard Bundle and 2GB DDR2 Mem" (Maplins bundle). I've added
    > nothing more than a DVD drive and an IDE Hard disk to get it going but
    > I cannot get WinXP to install. It gets as far as loading the setup
    > files into memory then stops with a warning about protecting the
    > computer. I've tried a different cable, CD drive and H\D but it always
    > hangs at exactly the same place.
    > I should mention that I am using the MB's single IDE channel
    > (HD=master. DVD=slave) as I don't have any SATA drives yet. I had a
    > problem like this once before and it turned out to be bad memory but
    > as I don't have any other sticks of DDR2 I cannot check this.
    > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Have you checked in the BIOS that the HDD is being recognized properly? How
    about the ram speed (timing)? Is all the ram recognized? Is your ram running
    at the proper speed? If you have two 1GB sticks of memory, just try one.
    (then try the other).
    Go through the whole BIOS and see if you can find any problems.
    Is the Quad recognized properly as to speed and type?
    Hopefully someone who knows this problem will post the real answer.

    Buffalo, May 5, 2009