Re: Amateur Shot of Mars

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by smitty, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. smitty

    smitty Guest

    Sure that is not just a friend holding a flashlight down the street at
    night?

    smitty, Aug 27, 2003

  2. "Steven C (Doktersteve)" <> wrote in message

    > "wREN" <> wrote in message
    > > Gary J Bevans wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have no problem with binaries as long as it is topic specific to

    this
    > news
    > > > group.
    > > >
    > > > Gary

    > > Many of us agree with you!
    > >

    > and the VAST MAJORITY do not.
    > keep that in mind.

    It doesn't matter who agrees with who (or is that whom?).

    It has been a long standing policy in the Usenet newsgroups that binaries
    (photos, movies, executable, audio, etc.) not be posted to the newsgroups
    not titled with "binaries" in them. The reasons for his maybe partly gone
    as connection speeds increase and storage capacity on servers increase. But
    there are still servers that will delete or at least not pass on messages
    with these attachments. For example, it doesn't appear that Google Groups
    keeps them.

    The best way to show your photos is to put them on a free photo web site and
    pot the link . There are many of them, and it doesn't take much looking
    through this group to figure out where some of them are.

    Jerry

    Jerry Donovan, Aug 28, 2003

  3. smitty

    Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:45:33 -0700, "Gary J Bevans"
    <> wrote:

    >Well since there are a few critiques here why don't you try to do better.
    >
    >Everyone needs to start some where and some day they may have an award
    >winning Image.
    >
    >I have no problem with binaries as long as it is topic specific to this news
    >group.
    >
    >Gary

    Gary by definition no picture posted here could be on topic.

    itieu

    >"smitty" <> wrote in message
    >Sure that is not just a friend holding a flashlight down the street at
    >night?
    >
    >waz wrote:
    >Using Oly E20 with TCON14B.F2.4, ISO 80Photo crop to recue size

    , Aug 28, 2003
  4. smitty

    Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:38:29 GMT, wREN <> wrote:

    >Gary J Bevans wrote:
    >
    >> I have no problem with binaries as long as it is topic specific to this news
    >> group.
    >>
    >> Gary

    >Many of us agree with you!

    Why not go to a group that is for binaries? Why not go to a Catholic
    church and ask that they do a Muslim prayer session? Maybe go to a hot
    dog stand and demand that they serve prime porterhouse steaks?
    The hierachy that this group is in, is for DISCUSSION not the pretty
    pictures.

    You could also as a second choice start your own group, write the
    charter and then a faq. It's a very easy thing to do, in fact it's
    much easier than trying to change a group to conform to your wishes..

    itieu

    , Aug 28, 2003
  5. smitty

    George Kerby Guest

    On 8/28/03 6:45 PM, in article , "neil"
    <> wrote:

    >>> Many of us agree with you!

    >> Why not go to a group that is for binaries?

    > Because they have too many non-binary text messages on those groups.
    >
    >> Why not go to a Catholic
    >> church and ask that they do a Muslim prayer session?

    > Or to a public school and be preached about religion and creationism?
    >
    >> Maybe go to a hot
    >> dog stand and demand that they serve prime porterhouse steaks?

    > Or go to McDonald's to order a salad?
    >
    >> The hierachy that this group is in, is for DISCUSSION not the pretty
    >> pictures.

    > There is no other newsgroup more fit for posting and sharing pictures than
    > this
    > one.
    >
    >> You could also as a second choice start your own group, write the
    >> charter and then a faq. It's a very easy thing to do,

    > Bullshit. I have tried that many many times for subjects and topics that
    > there
    > are no newsgroups for. I followed all the procedures and not one ever was
    > created,
    > even after several others wanting the same groups made the same requests.
    > It is
    > a very almost impossible thing to do.
    >
    >> in fact it's
    >> much easier than trying to change a group to conform to your wishes..

    > Keep in mind it is more than just my wishes, many are adding their agreements
    > other's comments like you see at the top of this post. What is odd are
    > people
    > like yourself that want to ban PHOTOS from being posted in a newsgroup about
    > PHOTOS. YOU are the one that is wacky and bizarre, not the rest of us.

    **** OFF! Jiz-boy, get back on your meds. You really are boreing. Your style
    sticks out like Clinton's nose.

    George Kerby, Aug 29, 2003
  6. George Kerby wrote:

    > **** OFF! Jiz-boy, get back on your meds. You really are boreing. Your style
    > sticks out like Clinton's nose.

    Man, those Clinton references just keep getting funnier and funnier
    every time I hear 'em.

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    "I think all foreigners should stop interfering in the internal affairs
    of Iraq." --Paul Wolfowitz

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Aug 29, 2003
  7. smitty

    Graham Guest

    Todd Walker wrote:
    > Who do you think you are speaking for?

    He's speaking on behalf of all the posters whose NNTP posting host is
    12.213.34.191. Thats quite a lot of people! Well, maybe not, but it's
    quite a lot of posters.

    > You are in the very small minority here.

    Not in his own head he isn't! All those sockpuppets agree with him.

    Sad isn't it.

    Graham, Aug 29, 2003
  8. smitty

    Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:45:59 GMT, neil <> wrote:

    >> >Many of us agree with you!

    >> Why not go to a group that is for binaries?

    >Because they have too many non-binary text messages on those groups.

    Funny below you say there isn't a group for this and here you say
    there are to many txt messages. Txt is allowed in binary groups as
    long as it;s on topic.

    >> Why not go to a Catholic
    >> church and ask that they do a Muslim prayer session?

    >Or to a public school and be preached about religion and creationism?

    Bad analogy.

    >> Maybe go to a hot
    >> dog stand and demand that they serve prime porterhouse steaks?

    >Or go to McDonald's to order a salad?

    Ummm Mickey D's serves salads...another bad analogy.

    >> The hierachy that this group is in, is for DISCUSSION not the pretty
    >> pictures.

    >There is no other newsgroup more fit for posting and sharing pictures than this
    >one.

    You need to learn how to use your news reader. I belong to more than
    5 groups for photography that are binary groups.

    >> You could also as a second choice start your own group, write the
    >> charter and then a faq. It's a very easy thing to do,

    >Bullshit. I have tried that many many times for subjects and topics that there
    >are no newsgroups for. I followed all the procedures and not one ever was created,
    >even after several others wanting the same groups made the same requests. It is
    >a very almost impossible thing to do.

    Then you don't know what your doing.

    >> in fact it's
    >> much easier than trying to change a group to conform to your wishes..

    >Keep in mind it is more than just my wishes, many are adding their agreements to
    >other's comments like you see at the top of this post.

    Then call for a vote and a change. And many servers will still delete
    binary attachments. Then you can deal with all the people who don't
    get the pictures.

    > What is odd are people
    >like yourself that want to ban PHOTOS from being posted in a newsgroup about
    >PHOTOS. YOU are the one that is wacky and bizarre, not the rest of us.

    No actually I know how the hierarchy of usenet works. 20 years ago
    your type was rare. Now every newbie wants one stop shopping on
    usenet.

    In this message you have shown you have no knowledge of usenet.

    itieu

    , Aug 29, 2003
  9. smitty

    Mark B. Guest

    "Gary J Bevans" <> wrote in message
    > Well since there are a few critiques here why don't you try to do better.
    >
    > Everyone needs to start some where and some day they may have an award
    > winning Image.
    >
    > I have no problem with binaries as long as it is topic specific to this

    news
    > group.
    >
    > Gary

    Apparently my ISP has a problem with binaries in a non-binary group, as I've
    never seen a picture posted here.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 30, 2003
  10. smitty

    Charlie D Guest

    In article <>,
    "Mark B." <> wrote:

    > Apparently my ISP has a problem with binaries in a non-binary group, as I've
    > never seen a picture posted here.

    My ISP rejects them too, so no matter that the bozos post them. I'll
    never be bothered by them

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA