Re: am i ready for a+ CORE HARDWARE ????????

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by WW, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. WW

    WW Guest

    I passed A+ last week. Some question I remember from the Core HW exam were
    :-

    What makes ESD worse ?
    ans = low humidity

    Which SCSI supports LVD ?
    ans = Ultra2

    Type of connector on 10 Base T ?
    ans = RJ45

    Best cable type in areas of high electrical interference ?
    (STP/UTP/Coax/Fibre)
    ans = Fibre (?)

    Cable connector type for Fibre Optical network ?
    ans = SC

    Why could a 120GB drive not work when installed in a PII class machine ?
    (Windows doesn't support it, CPU too slow, IDE controller doesn't support)
    ans = IDE contr. (?)

    When NOT to use an ESD wriststrap :-
    ans = when working on Monitor or PSU

    WW, Feb 15, 2006

  2. WW

    WW Guest

    A few others :

    (?) means I'm not 100% sure of answer.

    Qu. Which device NOT to connect to a UPS ?
    Ans = Laser Printer (?)

    Qu. Best CPU upgrade for a 400MHz Celeron based system ?
    Ans = out of 4 choices Pentium III 900Mhz (slot 1) was best one

    Qu. Thickness of a PCMCIA type III card
    Ans = 10.5mm

    Qu. First thing to check when user cannot log in to a network
    Ans = correct user name / password

    Qu. Which of the following implements disk mirroring/duplexing ?
    Ans = RAID 1

    For OS exam I sat on 20 Jan some of the questions were :-

    Which Windows 2000 version can support a 4-node cluster ?
    ans = Datacentre Server

    How to create emergency disk in NT4, "rdisk /s" or "rdisk /s /d" ?

    How to remove an OS from a multi-boot configuration ?
    ans = bootcfg

    How to remedy a problem with an unattended installation of 2K using a .SIF
    script file.

    Must a Network card be present for an installation of Windows 2000 Server to
    succeed ?

    To get support for multiple monitors, Internet Connection Sharing, and file
    permissions, which of Win2000, XP, 98, should be installed ?

    Minimum processor for XP.
    ans = Pentium 233

    What is "ping" parameter to resolve ip address to host names ?
    ans = -a

    These were some of the harder ones, and most were much easier than these.

    The more revision the better, but on the night before an exam I always take
    it easy so as to have 100% concentration on the actual exam. There's nothing
    worse than going into an exam feeling faded. Just go over a few memorisation
    lists on the day before the exam.

    WW, Feb 15, 2006

  3. WW

    WW Guest

    WW, Feb 15, 2006
  4. WW

    WW Guest

    I think its because a Laser Printer has a high power consumption, and this
    would use up the battery of the UPS unnecessarily in the event of a mains
    failure.

    WW, Feb 17, 2006
  5. thanks for info
    Ross Anderson, Feb 18, 2006