Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dewman, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Dewman

    Dewman Guest

    I would recommend disconnecting KaZaA, as they are watching you...... What I
    mean is that if you keep using it, in US only, they will charge you a whopping
    $350,000 PER SONG / VIDEO. Thank you.

    >Subject: Am I being 'watched'?!
    >From: "NoOne"
    >Date: 8/15/2003 5:37 PM Eastern Standard Time
    >
    >Here's a weird one! I have DialUp connection and have long (very long)
    >sessions on the internet mainly due to downloading huge files like videos
    >from Kazaa etc., so I could be online for literally days (and nights) at a
    >time. I only have a single phone connection so when I'm online no-one can
    >phone me (like the mother-in-law)....;)
    >But....'every time I disconnect from the internet, the phone rings right
    >away....'and I DO mean right away! Within a second!
    >It never fails! It's always some assole from a computer magazine or similar
    >wanting to know if I would like to subscribe to their mag, or fill in a
    >'survey' over the phone! Now, I'm all for believing in co-incedence when
    >something like this happens once or twice, but when it happens every time I
    >disconnect over a period of a month....'I really have to ask myself just
    >what the hell is going on.
    >I'm convinced that they 'know' when I'm offline and my phone is not engaged.
    >Does anyone know how they do this, and more to the point, is it illegal?!
    >And...'is there anything I can do about it?
    >Geo.

    real address is Dewman200x(at)AOL(dot)com. Thank you.

    Do the Dew.

    Dewman, Aug 16, 2003