Re: Am I being 'watched'?!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ilmc, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. ilmc

    ilmc Guest

  2. ilmc

    NoOne Guest

    "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    news:auc%a.13373$...
    > <snip>
    > "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

    your
    > phone become un-engaged.

    Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
    can do to stop it?
    Geo.
    NoOne, Aug 15, 2003

  3. ilmc

    Brian H¹© Guest

    NoOne said:

    > "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> <snip>
    >> "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as your
    >> phone become un-engaged.
    >>

    > Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
    > can do to stop it?
    > Geo.

    Ofcourse it's legal, it's a paid for service from telephone companies.
    Brian H¹©, Aug 15, 2003
  4. ilmc

    code_wrong Guest

    "NoOne" <> wrote in message

    > "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > <snip>
    > > "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

    > your
    > > phone become un-engaged.
    > >

    > Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
    > can do to stop it?
    > Geo.

    Call BT and get them to add you to the do_not_call list. Reputable companies
    do not call those who are on the list.
    I can't remember the exact name of this option ... but someone at BT should
    know what you want .....

    cw
    code_wrong, Aug 16, 2003
  5. ilmc

    Kraftee Guest

    code_wrong wrote:
    > "NoOne" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>> <snip>
    >>> "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as

    soon
    >>> as your phone become un-engaged.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there
    >> something I can do to stop it?
    >> Geo.

    > Call BT and get them to add you to the do_not_call list. Reputable
    > companies do not call those who are on the list.
    > I can't remember the exact name of this option ... but someone at BT
    > should know what you want .....
    >
    > cw

    It's called TPS & is a seperate entity to BT so don't call BT go to
    the link below & register, bearing in mind this could stop all
    companies contacting you & you may want some of them to.

    http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/TpsR/html/default.asp

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 16, 2003
  6. ilmc

    Nick Worley Guest

    "NoOne" <> wrote in message

    > "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > <snip>
    > > "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

    > your
    > > phone become un-engaged.
    > >

    > Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
    > can do to stop it?

    It's legal, although irritating all the same.
    If you're based in the UK you can call the Telephone Preference Service on
    0800 398893 and give your details, then you should notice a dramatic decline
    (or complete cessation) of unsolicited calls. It's worked for me anyway.
    Regards
    Nick
    Nick Worley, Aug 16, 2003
  7. ilmc

    nemo Guest

    NoOne <> wrote in message

    > "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > <snip>
    > > "Telemarketiers" have a "campon" gismo - it rings them back as soon as

    > your
    > > phone become un-engaged.
    > >

    > Thanks for the info guys! Is this activity legal, or is there something I
    > can do to stop it?
    > Geo.

    See my last post.

    Nemo