Re: Am I being watched/hacked?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Tracker, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Tracker

    Tracker Guest

    Tracker, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Tracker

    Jaleco Guest

    Tracker wrote:

    > Mark wrote:
    >

    >>I use XP Pro (all latest updates) and AOL 8.0 on a USB
    >>broadband modem (Globalspan WAN USB Adaptor)
    >>
    >>I noticed when trying to sort out a completely different
    >>issue that in the registry subkey
    >>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\RAS_AUTODIAL\ADRESSES
    >>
    >>it was logging every single ip/web address that I had
    >>connected to. This meant that my registry file was VAST.
    >>
    >>I deleted the entire adresses subkey and rebooted and it
    >>recreated it and started logging again.
    >>
    >>None of my friends who use XP Pro have had a similar
    >>thing happen, so does anyone know what's causing it, or
    >>why it's doing it??
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>Mark
    >>

    >>RAS stands for Remote Access Server and Microsoft doesn't install this
    >>
    >>by default. It sounds like your computer is hacked/owned by malicious
    >>
    >>hackers. If you didn't disable the services Microsoft installs by
    >>default, installed your application by CD-ROM only, installed a
    >>firewall
    >>and anti-virus application before your computer went on the internet,
    >>your computer is hacked.
    >>
    >>Tracker
    >>I know how important it is for me not to define myself by how others
    >>perceive me.

    Tracker, you're a fucking tool, go hang yourself quickly, and die horribly.
    Please stop tracker, your constant crap is making us dumber, maybe one
    day, dumb enough to buy your book.

    God.
    Jaleco, Aug 7, 2003