Re: All the Lunix users, have you got you License..?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robert Mathews, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:05 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews wrote:
    >

    >> Lunix is no longer free.
    >>

    >German courts disagree with you.
    >
    >SCO has been ordered to put up or shut up. So far they've refused to.
    >Similar cases are pending in other countries.
    >
    >Redhat filed legal action against SCO yesterday too.

    and the SCO fought back, the article stated that is getting very dirty.

    Robert Mathews, Aug 6, 2003

  2. On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:05 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews wrote:
    >

    >> Lunix is no longer free.
    >>

    >German courts disagree with you.
    >
    >SCO has been ordered to put up or shut up. So far they've refused to.
    >Similar cases are pending in other countries.
    >
    >Redhat filed legal action against SCO yesterday too.

    Have a Read

    http://news.com.com/2100-1001_3-5060134.html?tag=fd_top

    Robert Mathews, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Robert Mathews

    Herman Wouk Guest

    Robert Mathews allegedly said:

    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:05 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:32:03 +1200, Robert Mathews wrote:
    >>

    >>> Lunix is no longer free.
    >>>

    >>German courts disagree with you.
    >>
    >>SCO has been ordered to put up or shut up. So far they've refused to.
    >>Similar cases are pending in other countries.
    >>
    >>Redhat filed legal action against SCO yesterday too.

    > Have a Read
    >
    > http://news.com.com/2100-1001_3-5060134.html?tag=fd_top

    Irrelevant. SCO has refused every step of the way to provide any proof of
    their claims.

    Just like President Bush.

    Lying is "in" in America among the crooks...and SCO is a crook.

    Herman Wouk, Aug 6, 2003

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 6, 2003
  5. In article <>, Robert Mathews <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:07:05 +0000, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    ><> wrote:

    *SNIP*
    >and the SCO fought back, the article stated that is getting very dirty.

    ROTFL. SCO are aiming squarely at both feet with a mortar. McBride's
    comment - "Red Hat's lawsuit confirms what we've been saying all
    along--Linux developers are either unable or unwilling to screen the
    code" that goes into the Linux kernel, McBride said. "Red Hat is selling
    Linux that contains verbatim and obfuscated code from Unix System 5." -
    is a load of shit. Nobody KNOWS what the infringing code is, except
    possibly for SCO if there actually is infringing code, so how can they
    screen it?

    SCO are boned no matter which way this falls. They're claiming that 2.2
    is non-infringing, but that 2.4 is. 2.4 is a substantial (like, most of
    it) derivative of 2.2, and the GPL says that they can't revoke that
    status. If 2.2 was clean, then 2.4 inherits that cleanliness, and 2.5
    inherits from 2.4.
    And once IBM weigh in, SCO can't afford enough lawyers (even though most
    of the staff are lawyers, which really says it all) to read the briefs
    that they will file.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

    Matthew Poole, Aug 6, 2003
  6. Robert Mathews

    Mark Harris Guest

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:04:39 GMT, (Matthew Poole)
    wrote:
    [snip]
    >SCO are boned no matter which way this falls.

    [...]
    >And once IBM weigh in, SCO can't afford enough lawyers (even though most
    >of the staff are lawyers, which really says it all) to read the briefs
    >that they will file.

    My colleague showed me a graph of the relative stock prices (sorry,
    didn't get the URL) for the last week. It's interesting seeing the
    hour by hour record and then correlating it with the various press
    releases ;-)

    SCO are screwed, yup.

    mark
    --
    "Someone's been mean to you! Tell me who it is, so I can punch him tastefully."
    - Ralph Bakshi's Mighty Mouse

    Mark Harris, Aug 8, 2003
  7. Robert Mathews

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from Mark Harris of Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:33 :

    > My colleague showed me a graph of the relative stock prices (sorry,
    > didn't get the URL) for the last week. It's interesting seeing the
    > hour by hour record and then correlating it with the various press
    > releases ;-)
    >
    > SCO are screwed, yup.

    Oh, what a coincidence, the SCO managers sold their stock recently, with
    personal profits of $million$. Weren't they "lucky" to sell out before the
    price crashed?
    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5057033.html

    What scum!

    Peter