Re: All master volume control is lost

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Snit, May 1, 2008.

  1. Snit

    Snit Guest

    "Alan Clement" <> stated in post
    on 4/30/08 10:10 PM:

    > Please help if you can. HP Pavilion1630n running XP Media Center
    > Edition. Lost volume, went through available troubleshooting with no
    > results. Here is what's happening- Master control volume is at zero
    > {lowest possible setting]. When I drag the volume control slider it
    > falls back to where it was. If I play an mp3 I can hear it if I hold
    > the volume control with the mouse- let go it falls back to the lowest
    > position. When I hold it it is not stable . There is a constant
    > fluctuation up and down from whatever level I am holding it at.
    > Soundless, I welcome your help. Alan

    You can try deleting the sound card drivers in the device manager and then
    rebooting - perhaps into Safe Mode.

    Just a guess though...

    --
    Prescott Computer Guy: Michael Glasser