Re: All master volume control is lost

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, May 1, 2008.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 01:10:12 -0400, Alan Clement
    <> wrote:

    >Please help if you can. HP Pavilion1630n running XP Media Center
    >Edition. Lost volume, went through available troubleshooting with no
    >results. Here is what's happening- Master control volume is at zero
    >{lowest possible setting]. When I drag the volume control slider it
    >falls back to where it was. If I play an mp3 I can hear it if I hold
    >the volume control with the mouse- let go it falls back to the lowest
    >position. When I hold it it is not stable . There is a constant
    >fluctuation up and down from whatever level I am holding it at.
    >Soundless, I welcome your help. Alan

    Do you have a multimedia keyboard? ie a keyboard with volume keys on
    it? If so, try a different plain keyboard. Reboot in safe mode, see if
    it happens in safe mode.

    Evan Platt, May 1, 2008

  2. Evan Platt

    Snit Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> stated in post
    on 4/30/08 10:33 PM:

    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 01:10:12 -0400, Alan Clement
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Please help if you can. HP Pavilion1630n running XP Media Center
    >> Edition. Lost volume, went through available troubleshooting with no
    >> results. Here is what's happening- Master control volume is at zero
    >> {lowest possible setting]. When I drag the volume control slider it
    >> falls back to where it was. If I play an mp3 I can hear it if I hold
    >> the volume control with the mouse- let go it falls back to the lowest
    >> position. When I hold it it is not stable . There is a constant
    >> fluctuation up and down from whatever level I am holding it at.
    >> Soundless, I welcome your help. Alan

    > Do you have a multimedia keyboard? ie a keyboard with volume keys on
    > it? If so, try a different plain keyboard. Reboot in safe mode, see if
    > it happens in safe mode.

    Hmmmm, good thought... maybe the volume key on the keyboard is stuck down.

    --
    Prescott Computer Guy: Michael Glasser
    http://prescottcomputerguy.org

    Snit, May 1, 2008