Re: All done! Now MCSE

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by RickiLC, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. RickiLC

    RickiLC Guest

    My sources of info were varied:

    Instructor based training at QA (Fantastic facilities and trainers!)
    MOC books obtained on the courses
    MCSE in a nutshell (O'Reilly) - not fantastic but cheap and covered all of my
    chosen exams
    Help files
    Technet & knowledge base
    Various contacts
    Own workstation + 2 server network

    I chose the courses to match the exams and added in the managing 2k network as
    it was pretty much covered by the core courses anyway. I chose the Design
    exams I was studying for the equivalent imp/support courses.

    I would strongly recommend taking 210 + 215 together, then 217, 218, 216, 221
    then 219. That way you get the MCSA as you go and there is a natural
    progression of study. As 216 is a beast I wanted to leave this until last for
    the MCSA and then do the design one after the hard graft was complete. Leaving
    the easier 219. Although the 219 I failed first time!

    As for the 2003 track... not sure, I will be looking into Exchange (Extending
    my GroupWise stuff) next then upgrade to 2003. As a lot of companies are
    migrating from NT4 - 2000 rather than 2000 - 2003, 2000 may be a good
    foundation then do the upgrade.

    It took me 6 months from exposure to getting the MCSE. However I am not
    working and locked myself away in my little server room like a real sad Tecky!
    Now time to party and look for a decent job.... maybe supervisor rather than
    burger flipper at Burger King!

    Hope this helps!

    Ricki Chandler
    CNA MCP MCSA MCSE (so chuffed I have passed the MCSE that I've put all certs!)

    RickiLC, Nov 24, 2003