Re: Alarm Clock

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Smith, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Weatherlawyer wrote:
    > John McCann wrote:
    >
    >>A sof yesterday morning (sometime) my PC has started to make a sound like an alarm clock. This is only the second day, so I can't be sure if it starts at the same time. It's exactly the sound you get from a small digital clock. The only way I can stop it, is to start up a programme - any programme.
    >>I have Win XP
    >>
    >>Does anyone know of an alarm facility on a PC?
    >>

    > Look up "beeps" and "motherboard". Find out what make and number your
    > board is. If you can't read it at atart-up or see it in the box, use a
    > system analyst such as Belarc.
    >
    > Go to the manufacturer's site if told to dind new downloads such as
    > drivers.
    >
    > It isn't a harware failure is it? Try leaving a book or something on
    > your keyboard for a few minutes.

    sounds like your system board hardware monitor alarm is going off.
    probably a bad system fan somwhere inside your case. if you have any
    fans connected directly to your systemboard not the power supply, they
    are monitored by the BIOS. so either one of your cooling fans are
    running below the set alarm rpm or your power supply is starting to fail
    and he systemboard is reporting that bad.

    My suggestion is: if you are experianced in fixing the hardware on your
    PC then fix it. if you have no experaince then contact a local reputable
    dealer in your area and take it in. if you arent confortable with that
    go to onforce.com and get a local tech to come over and fix it.
    John Smith, Jan 1, 2006