Re: Alarm Clock

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John McCann, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. John McCann

    John McCann Guest

    I've checked it the past couple of days and it is an alarm of some sort. It
    comes on at noon and lasts for a minute.

    What the hell is it?

    It came on soon after I started my PC, so I can't think it is overheating?

    John

    John McCann, Dec 28, 2005

  2. John McCann

    Trax Guest

    "John McCann" <> wrote:

    |>I've checked it the past couple of days and it is an alarm of some sort. It
    |>comes on at noon and lasts for a minute.

    |>What the hell is it?

    Open your taskmanager and wait for it...

    Download something from
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ProcessesAndThreadsUtilities.html

    And a can'd response:
    download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    Double click on the process(s), reading it's image and command line
    will tell you where to find them. stop the process and delete the
    file/directory.

    Run Regedit and search for the file name(s) deleting them as you find
    them.

    --
    Draw lines to alter the flow
    http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/

    Trax, Dec 28, 2005

  3. John McCann

    Plato Guest

    John McCann wrote:

    > I've checked it the past couple of days and it is an alarm of some sort. It
    > comes on at noon and lasts for a minute.
    >
    > What the hell is it?
    >
    > It came on soon after I started my PC, so I can't think it is overheating?

    Still could be overheating. A cpu heat ups almost instantly when just
    turning a pc on.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 16, 2006
  4. John McCann