Re: AHHHH, NICE (quiet) PC FOR $47

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by T.N.O, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. T.N.O

    T.N.O Guest

    "Evil Bastard" wrote
    | Posted all this here on the off chance that others may be sick of loud PCs
    | and might benefit from this info.

    Got pics?

    T.N.O, Aug 11, 2003

  2. T.N.O

    Evil Bastard Guest

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:40:53 +1200, T.N.O wrote:

    > "Evil Bastard" wrote
    > | Posted all this here on the off chance that others may be sick of loud PCs
    > | and might benefit from this info.
    >
    > Got pics?

    Deep apologies - pulled out the digital cam and found the batteries haev
    gone flat (damn those lithium cells - they tend to die over time), and
    don't have any spare AA alkalines. Will post pics as soon as I get new
    batteries.

    In the meantime, visualise the enclosure as an inverted 'U' made of wood,
    with the foam hot-glued to the 3 inside edges, and the whole thing
    straddling the PC case with about 5-10mm clearance around the case.

    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Aug 11, 2003

  3. T.N.O

    T.N.O Guest

    "Evil Bastard" wrote
    | In the meantime, visualise the enclosure as an inverted 'U' made of wood,
    | with the foam hot-glued to the 3 inside edges, and the whole thing
    | straddling the PC case with about 5-10mm clearance around the case.

    I'm like there man.... I'm so there.

    T.N.O, Aug 12, 2003
  4. T.N.O

    Evil Bastard Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:52:22 +1200, T.N.O wrote:

    > "Evil Bastard" wrote
    > | In the meantime, visualise the enclosure as an inverted 'U' made of wood,
    > | with the foam hot-glued to the 3 inside edges, and the whole thing
    > | straddling the PC case with about 5-10mm clearance around the case.
    > |

    > I'm like there man.... I'm so there.

    Yeah, like for a while there I kept pinging my server box to make sure it
    was still alive - no noise and I was getting worried :)

    Evil Bastard, Aug 12, 2003