Re: AGP Video Card question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    John Doe, <>, whose name means "gets burning
    sensations during intercourse; wishes he was someone else", carried on:

    > I think so, but I would not go hog wild on a new AGP video card because
    > your next (PCI Express) mainboard probably won't accept it.

    What you think is irrelevant, Doe.

    > Unless you're a gamer or graphic artist, most modern video cards will
    > suffice.

    I feel so much smarter.

    > Dual monitors are great, in my opinion, especially when you want to get
    > things done or are very interested in using your computer.

    Why would anyone want to get things done or are very interested in using my
    computer?

    > I have been using them since Windows 98.

    I've told you that for years.

    > Make sure the video card includes the correct number of DVI to AGP
    > adapters if you need them (two if the card has two DVI outputs)

    nVidia are shit. Buy an ATI.

    > Good luck.

    Good enough.

    > Please feel free to let us know how your experience goes.

    Why should I feel free to let you know how my experience goes?
    Fred, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Fred

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:54:49 MDT, "Fred" <"fred"@soc.med.loose.labia> wrote:

    >joe, <>, whose name means "deviant covert homosexual;
    >lights fires; has a huge, fat arse and bigger tits than most women",
    >groused:
    >
    >> What is an AGP card?

    >What does marriage have to do with sex?

    The more you've had of one, the less you want the other.
    Works both ways.
    Harrison, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Fred

    joe Guest

    What is an AGP card???

    joe, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Fred, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Fred

    Steven Guest

    AGP stands for Accelerated Graphics Port. it comes in 4x and 8x. Which I
    believe is faster that a regular PCI slot. Then the PCI Express x16 is
    faster than the AGP slot.

    Steven, Sep 26, 2005