Re: Advast to many false Positives

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Cima, Apr 11, 2008.

  1. Cima

    Cima Guest

    On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:31:34 +1200, Brian Mathews
    <> wrote:

    >I have noticed over a few months that Advast 4.7/4.8 Home gives far to many false positives that
    >compared to what Kaspersky finds.
    >
    >As Kaspersky is rated as one of the top, I can no longer trust Advast..

    How many AV's do you have installed? And WTF is "Advast".
    Cima, Apr 11, 2008

  2. In article <>, says...
    > On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:31:34 +1200, Brian Mathews
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >I have noticed over a few months that Advast 4.7/4.8 Home gives far to many false positives that
    > >compared to what Kaspersky finds.
    > >
    > >As Kaspersky is rated as one of the top, I can no longer trust Advast..

    > How many AV's do you have installed? And WTF is "Advast".

    Why, that's the ad-spamming version of Avast. I thought that was pretty
    obvious?

    :p

    Peter Huebner, Apr 12, 2008

  3. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:13:48 +1200, Peter Huebner <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >>says...
    >>

    >>> And WTF is "Advast".
    >>>

    >>Why, that's the ad-spamming version of Avast. I thought that was pretty
    >>obvious?
    >>
    >>:p

    > Sorry it is NOT..

    So what is it, then?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 12, 2008
  4. Cima

    ~misfit~ Guest

    LOL, even with the idiot killfiled I can spot a Woger post a mile away
    simply by his grammar, sentence structure <cough> and spelling in the
    subject.

    Ho hum.
    --
    Shaun.