Re: Adobe flash warning

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, May 15, 2009.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    Hipupchuck wrote:

    > Can't turn off adobe flash warning in IE8 64bit running on Windows 7
    > Ultimate RC1. Every new web page brings up several warnings with an
    > annoying beep. Option to kill notify fails to function.

    - Get the uninstaller (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html) to
    completely remove any remnants of their Flash AX control.
    - Disable all [non-Microsoft] add-ons. I usually only disable the
    non-Microsoft add-ons. You could disable all add-ons during the
    reinstall to ensure that none of them is causing a conflict or
    involved in the install problem.
    - Install the Flash Player; however, since you had problems with the
    on-demand installation from within IE, download the installer
    (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html).
    - The Flash Player should now be the only [non-Microsoft] add-on that
    is enabled.
    - Test if Flash now works. If Flash works, re-enable the other
    add-ons one at a time and retest.

    For future reference, it is best to first uninstall all non-Microsoft
    add-ons and reset IE7 before installing IE8. After completing the
    installation of IE8 then reinstall the non-Microsoft add-ons.

    Adobe's Flash Player is not compatible with the 64-bit version of IE.
    Use the 32-bit version of IE. Apparently Flash installs into the
    wrong folder in a 64-bit version of Windows so it might not even be
    available to the 32-bit version of IE. See the following articles:

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/cwynrg

    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/faq.html#flashplayer10FAQ_64-bit01
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/faq.html#flashplayer10FAQ_64-bit04

    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html