Re: ADDING SECOND HDD UNDER WIN XP PROFESSIONAL

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Carbon Copy Man, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. if your computer is detecting it but n ot showing in windows, try and run f
    disk to format the new drive to ntfs, or you may be able to download a tool
    from the manufacturer website which will format the drive for you. i
    installed a second drive in my xp home machine and my computer picked it up
    but didnt display it in windows so i formated it to ntfs and presto it works
    perfect.

    i hope this helps you

    "robert williams" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Am trying to install a second HDD under Win XP professional. the OS picks

    up
    > the HDD, but does not display the HDD in the control panel. Have set the
    > jumpers to slave for the second disk, but to no avail. the disk are both
    > Western Digital 20Gb disks.
    >
    > When i tried this on a Win 9x box the disks we picked up stright away with
    > the drive letters for the Master disk being "C" and the second disk being
    > "D".
    >
    > I was under the impression that Win XP would automatically pick up and

    show

    Carbon Copy Man, Jun 22, 2003