Re: ADDING SECOND HDD UNDER WIN XP PROFESSIONAL

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kenny, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Watch the jumpering on WD HDD's, there's a setting for "Master in a single
    drive system" and "Master in a dual drive system". Easiest way is to use
    Cable Select jumper on both assuming you have the right 40/80 IDE cable and
    m/b supports it.

    --

    Kenny

    "robert williams" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Am trying to install a second HDD under Win XP professional. the OS picks

    up
    > the HDD, but does not display the HDD in the control panel. Have set the
    > jumpers to slave for the second disk, but to no avail. the disk are both
    > Western Digital 20Gb disks.
    >
    > When i tried this on a Win 9x box the disks we picked up stright away with
    > the drive letters for the Master disk being "C" and the second disk being
    > "D".
    >
    > I was under the impression that Win XP would automatically pick up and

    show

    Kenny, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Cheers Kenny!

    robert williams, Jun 22, 2003