Re: Adding a second USB card?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Dec 5, 2008.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Michael A. Ball <> wrote in

    > When I plug a USB device into the port on the front of the computer, I
    > get a message telling me the device would work better if plugged into a
    > faster USB port. This is supposed to be a USB 2.x port.
    >
    > I have a four-port card that seems to work flawlessly. I'd like to
    > ignore the front port and install a second USB 2.x card. I have the
    > space, and see no problem. Is there any reason not to add a second USB
    > 2.x card?

    Does this look familiar to you?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 5, 2008

  2. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:36:31 -0500, Michael A. Ball
    <> wrote:

    >It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.

    I can't find it either. Likely since I killfile Google Groups.

    >If you're referring to Jeffrey3's posts, I saw them. I did not see where
    >he posed the question I posed.
    >
    >Thanks for your help.

    Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.
    Evan Platt, Dec 5, 2008

  3. Evan Platt wrote:

    > Michael A. Ball <> wrote:
    >
    >> It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.

    > I can't find it either. Likely since I killfile Google Groups.

    Wouldn't matter. Chuckie's link takes you to Google's web site (at least
    in my reader). However,

    "Not Found

    The requested message,
    , could
    not be found."

    > Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

    <chuck-le>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 5, 2008
  4. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Michael A. Ball <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:21:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Does this look familiar to you?

    > It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.
    >
    > If you're referring to Jeffrey3's posts, I saw them. I did not see where
    > he posed the question I posed.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    So, it's not you then? It's the exact same problem. You need to remove
    either the card or the drivers, and reboot to refresh the drivers. Or
    your cable(s) might be the problem. You can remove the drivers in device
    manager in system in control panel. All assuming you're using some version
    of microsoft windows - you never say what OS you're using.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 5, 2008
  5. chuckcar

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "Michael A. Ball" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:07:39 -0800, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

    > I shall.
    >
    > You said I couldn't add a second USB card. I'd be grateful, if you could
    > give a few details on why not. >snip<

    Read again--'twas his answer to your question! Different conclusion,
    now, on your understanding? HTH, s
    sdlomi2, Dec 5, 2008
  6. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:35:22 -0500, Michael A. Ball
    <> wrote:

    >You said I couldn't add a second USB card. I'd be grateful, if you could
    >give a few details on why not. Somehow, I had thought there was no limit
    >to how many USD devices could be added. It is just that there is a limit
    >to how many USB cards can be added to the mother board?

    Sorry if that was bad wording.. You asked if there was any reason you
    can't add another USB card. I said nope. There's no reason you can't
    add another card. You can add, if I recall 128 USB devices on a
    system. I may be a bit off, but it's near 128.
    Evan Platt, Dec 5, 2008
  7. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Michael A. Ball <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:07:39 -0800, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Chucktard will be of no help. Please feel free to ignore him.

    > I shall.
    >
    > You said I couldn't add a second USB card. I'd be grateful, if you could
    > give a few details on why not. Somehow, I had thought there was no limit
    > to how many USD devices could be added. It is just that there is a limit
    > to how many USB cards can be added to the mother board?

    Of course there isn't That's why pci has irq holders. The limit *is* the
    number of PCI slots and your power supply (along with space for the actual
    USB plugs of course).

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 5, 2008

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You useless ****.
    Wam Uitgedroogde Slikhoer, Dec 5, 2008
  9. chuckcar <> wrote in message

    > Michael A. Ball <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:21:17 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does this look familiar to you?

    >> It might, if Agent, or I, could find it.
    >>
    >> If you're referring to Jeffrey3's posts, I saw them. I did not see
    >> where he posed the question I posed.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>

    > So, it's not you then? It's the exact same problem. You need to remove
    > either the card or the drivers, and reboot to refresh the drivers.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Juffertje ten Teringdrol, Dec 5, 2008
  10. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 03:13:48 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Of course there isn't That's why pci has irq holders.

    As opposed to ISA, which has ... ummm.... wait for it...

    >The limit *is* the number of PCI slots and your power supply (along with space for the actual
    >USB plugs of course).

    *buzz*. Wrong.
    Evan Platt, Dec 5, 2008