Re: Add hard drive to HP Pavilion p6110t -- remains invisible

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Respondant, Aug 23, 2009.

  1. Respondant

    Respondant Guest

    fatfreek wrote:

    > Explorer doesn't find my new drive.
    >
    > I just put the new one inside, attached the power cable and SATA data
    > cable.
    > There were some 6 slots on motherboard and I just picked one of them.
    >
    > Vista booted, told me it found new hardware and installed driver. Hower,
    > Explorer doesn't find the drive.
    >
    > Device manager shows it. Describes it at Location 2 where my C:
    > drive is at Location 0. I suppose the DVD drive is Location 1.
    >
    > Next boot I went into Setup. Drive C is listed first, then my DVD
    > drive, then this new drive. I selected that one to see if there's
    > anything for me to do in order to somehow activate but couldn't find
    > anything.
    > Any tips?

    Most likely your "new" HD isn't formatted yet.

    Farting into the wind here because I wouldn't have that POS known as Vista
    on any machine I own..... But ... Can you ...
    FORMAT the new hard drive by *right* - clicking on it's drive letter in
    either, "My Computer" or "Device Manager"?

    Respondant, Aug 23, 2009