Re: adblock help

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Steve IA, May 31, 2006.

  1. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Redvee wrote:

    > I've got some elements blocked via Adblock and want to remove them, how do I
    > go about it? The highlighted element in the attached image. Tried all sorts
    > of solutions this afternoon.
    >
    > [Image]

    Right click on "Adblock" on status line in lower right corner of screen .
    Select preferences.
    Highlight what you was to remove from Adblock, right click, delete.

    Steve

    Steve IA, May 31, 2006

  2. Steve IA

    Redvee Guest

    "Steve IA" <> wrote in message
    > Redvee wrote:
    >>
    >> I've got some elements blocked via Adblock and want to remove them, how
    >> do I
    >> go about it? The highlighted element in the attached image. Tried all
    >> sorts
    >> of solutions this afternoon.
    >>
    >> [Image]

    > Right click on "Adblock" on status line in lower right corner of screen .
    > Select preferences.
    > Highlight what you was to remove from Adblock, right click, delete.
    >
    > Steve

    I've done that and the list is now empty, but still there are
    images/elements that I cannot see. If I left click on 'Adblock' in lower
    right of screen I get a list similar to above. It is these images etc I want
    to be able to see. I cannot delete these items or see any way of doing so.

    Redvee, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Redvee wrote:

    > "Steve IA" <> wrote in message
    > > Redvee wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I've got some elements blocked via Adblock and want to remove them, how
    > >> do I
    > >> go about it? The highlighted element in the attached image. Tried all
    > >> sorts
    > >> of solutions this afternoon.
    > >>
    > >> [Image]

    > > Right click on "Adblock" on status line in lower right corner of screen .
    > > Select preferences.
    > > Highlight what you was to remove from Adblock, right click, delete.
    > >
    > > Steve

    > I've done that and the list is now empty, but still there are
    > images/elements that I cannot see. If I left click on 'Adblock' in lower
    > right of screen I get a list similar to above. It is these images etc I want
    > to be able to see. I cannot delete these items or see any way of doing so.

    Beyond my knowledge now, but guessing. Right click on "adblock" and tick
    'whitelist this site' . Might that help?
    Or FF>Tools>extensions> select 'adblock' >right click > disable adblock.
    You can easily undo this if it doesn't help.

    Good luck
    Steve

    Steve

    Steve IA, Jun 2, 2006
  4. Redvee wrote:
    > I've done that and the list is now empty, but still there are
    > images/elements that I cannot see.

    You probably used the "Block images from ..." menu item - this is a
    built-in feature in Firefox, not Adblock. I got quite a few reports
    from people having problems with this, that's why Adblock Plus 0.7.0.1
    will hide this menu item now (it is redundant when Adblock Plus is
    installed). You find the list of domains you blocked under Tools /
    Options / Content, click the "Exceptions" button near to "Load Images".

    --
    Wladimir Palant
    Adblock Plus developer (http://adblockplus.mozdev.org/)

    Wladimir Palant, Jun 2, 2006