Re: Adaptec 2400A Raid controller problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JD, Jun 17, 2009.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    Stephen wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My Adaptec 2400A is reporting a "Missing SMOR" which means I need to reflash
    > the controller card's firmware with the latest SMOR file which I have.
    >
    > However I need to make a boot floppy from the Adaptec RAID Storage manager
    > (Pro) CD but my CD is damaged.
    >
    > I have searched Adaptec's site for the RAID storage manager software but its
    > not available for download, and also there is reference to a SMOR bootable
    > floppy image file that is supposedly available from Adaptec's site but I
    > can't find it.
    >
    > I've already been rebuffed by Adaptec tech support as the card is out of
    > warranty.
    >
    > does anyone know where I can get the RAID storage manager software or the
    > SMOR bootable floppy image from?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Stephen

    Hi there

    I use an Adaptec 1210SA I have the original disk with the raid manager,
    however it being a SATA card I don't know if the software will be of any
    use (i don't use the software myself, just the driver)

    I also found this on there website:
    http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/downlo...productId=AAR-2400A&dn=Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A

    Which is what I think you are looking for

    JD

    JD, Jun 17, 2009