Re: Ad-Aware Silver Anniver. Addition

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Kayman, Apr 4, 2009.

  1. Kayman

    Kayman Guest

    On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:45:28 -0700, Charliec wrote:

    > Is anyone using Lavasoft's Ad-Adware Sivler Anniver. Addition in
    > manual mode? I am trying to use it, but do not want the Ad-Aware Live
    > to run all the time. I basically want to you it for manual scans on
    > my schedule and not have Live monitoring (I have another program for
    > that).
    >
    > But, I turn off Live and Ad-Adware still starts up when I bootup the
    > system. I've turned off it's options in MSCONFIG and also in
    > Services.msc, but the darn program still starts and places it's icon
    > on the SystemTray.
    >
    > I have WinXP SP3.
    >
    > Any thoughts appreciated.

    Uninstall/remove Ad-Aware and consider:
    Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
    http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol
    --or--
    http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html
    --direct--