Re: AD-Aware error.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Adriano, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Adriano

    Adriano Guest

    >uninstall. It may be corrupt. Also try downloading the latest reference file
    >from Lavasoft and manually put the reference file in the folder, rather than
    >allowing the Adaware program to download it.

    I'm sorry but I don't see a folder with the reference file.
    Where have to put it, please?
    I have AD-Aware v.6 Pro build 183
    Can you tell me if it is the latest version? Or can you tell me if
    where I have to download the latest Pro trial version?
    Thanks

    Adriano, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Adriano

    Thor Guest

    the reference file "defs.def" goes in the adaware folder.

    Thor, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Adriano

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I don't think he knows where it is Thor.

    Doesn't matter what version of Ad-Aware you have this is the folder you need
    to locate:

    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Adriano

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    In my case I run Ad-aware Pro Se, in any version there is no folder named
    Reference file or some sort. It will be in the main folder.

    In my case:
    C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Nov 2, 2004