Re: Active partition q

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by SBFan2000, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. SBFan2000

    SBFan2000 Guest

    can only have one (system) in the computer at a time. Or I should say, you
    can have two but the system will boot to the one on the master IDE and make
    it (system).

    SBFan2000, Oct 27, 2005

  2. SBFan2000

    Jason Peavey Guest

    "SBFan2000" <mocaveboyNOSP#> wrote in message
    > can only have one (system) in the computer at a time. Or I should say,

    you
    > can have two but the system will boot to the one on the master IDE and

    make
    > it (system).

    That's not really true. You can multi-boot. I've done it with DOS on primary
    master and Windows XP on primary slave. The trick to remember is to install
    the older operating system first. For instance, to my knowledge Windows XP
    does not want to co-exist with other O.S.'s unless it is installed last.
    When you tell the second operating system that you want to install it onto
    disk 2, it 'tells' disk 1 that there is a second OS and you are presented
    with a boot menu when you turn the computer on.

    Just delete ALL partitions, create a new partition on disk 1, make it
    active, format it and install the older operating system. Then try to
    install the newer OS onto disk 2.

    Jason Peavey, Nov 3, 2005