Re: Acer empower restore function.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by doS, Nov 1, 2008.

  1. doS

    doS Guest

    there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
    webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison brand.

    doS, Nov 1, 2008

  2. doS

    chuckcar Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in
    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >> Recently purchased an Acer aspire notebook. This has the restore to
    >> factory default Acer Empower progam. I am tempted to run it as built in
    >> webcsam and mike have stopped functioning, and I can't find the
    >> solution. Question. Has anyone used this function which is available on
    >> a range of Acer computers, and will I lose my installed programs and
    >> files? Or is it just limited to undoing any changes I may have made?
    >>

    > there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
    > webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
    > brand.

    If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to tell
    him isn't it?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 1, 2008

  3. doS

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:36:10 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >"doS" <> wrote in
    >> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>> Recently purchased an Acer aspire notebook. This has the restore to
    >>> factory default Acer Empower progam. I am tempted to run it as built in
    >>> webcsam and mike have stopped functioning, and I can't find the
    >>> solution. Question. Has anyone used this function which is available on
    >>> a range of Acer computers, and will I lose my installed programs and
    >>> files? Or is it just limited to undoing any changes I may have made?
    >>>

    >> there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
    >> webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
    >> brand.
    >>

    >If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to tell
    >him isn't it?

    No. DM will show the information on the driver and let you install a
    new version. I just checked mine and it shows I have the Sonix driver
    installed.

    richard, Nov 1, 2008
  4. On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:36:10 +0000, chuckcar aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > "doS" <> wrote in
    >> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>> Recently purchased an Acer aspire notebook. This has the restore to
    >>> factory default Acer Empower progam. I am tempted to run it as built in
    >>> webcsam and mike have stopped functioning, and I can't find the
    >>> solution. Question. Has anyone used this function which is available on
    >>> a range of Acer computers, and will I lose my installed programs and
    >>> files? Or is it just limited to undoing any changes I may have made?
    >>>

    >> there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
    >> webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
    >> brand.
    >>

    > If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to tell
    > him isn't it?

    Thats wot linux live cds is for mate.

    'lspci -vv'

    SUDO IF YOU MUST

    HTH

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 1, 2008
  5. doS

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:36:10 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"doS" <> wrote in
    >>> "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> there are like 3 diff drivers for the webcams, acer used more than one
    >>> webcam provider,look in device manager and see if yours is a Bison
    >>> brand.
    >>>

    >>If he doesn't *have* the drivers, device manager is the last thing to
    >>tell him isn't it?

    > No. DM will show the information on the driver and let you install a
    > new version. I just checked mine and it shows I have the Sonix driver
    > installed.

    That's *because* you have the drivers. If you have a soundcard without
    drivers, it will just show "PCI Multimedia device" *not* a thing more.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 1, 2008