Re: Acer 22" X223W Monitor Display Properties

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Buffalo, Mar 8, 2009.

  1. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    wrote:
    > I am unable to get the monitor to show in dislay properties.
    > It only says plug and play. I have downloaded a driver from Acer's
    > website called "X223W_USB_Display_R4.3" and installed it but can not
    > find a driver in it when I go to Monitor/update driver in display
    > properties. I can't find one in the download or one where it was
    > installed it.
    > It created folders Acer Monitor and DisplayLink Core Software. I've
    > looked in there but can not find a driver.
    > I went to DisplayLinks website but nothing there to help.
    > The monitor works fine but I would like it to show in properties.
    > It does show up in Catalyst but only says X223W.
    >
    > If anyone knows how to get it to work it would be great.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bg
    >
    > XP Pro sp3
    > Diamond ATI X1950Pro Catalyst 9.2

    Try this link:
    http://www.softwaredriverdownload.com/acer_x223w_drivers.html
    Scroll halfway down to see the instructions.
    You should have a "X223W.inf " file that you point to when you try to update
    your monitor drivers.

    Buffalo, Mar 8, 2009

  2. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 11:41:58 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Your a good man. It's working great.
    > I don't know why I couldn't find that on Acer's website.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bg

    Happy to hear it worked for you.
    Buffalo