    it and install again, can I save a ".ini" file.
    I don't see it. What file have I to save, please?
    thanks

    Ulisse, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Ulisse

    Mark M Guest

    "Ulisse" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > The last question, please.
    > I have just spent much time to configure my ACDSee.
    > If I will have problem with ist and in a mounth I'd like to unistall
    > it and install again, can I save a ".ini" file.
    > I don't see it. What file have I to save, please?
    > thanks

    If you mean a file that retains your settings for later installations, then
    I must say that I am not aware of an option for this. It may exist, but I
    am unaware of it.

    You could call ACD Systems technical support though...

    I sincerely doubt that you'll have a problem that requires re-installation.
    I have not, and believe me...I've been putting this version through it's
    paces with WELL over 100,000 image files, multiplied by many back-up drives
    containing similar numbers of images.

    Mark M, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Ulisse

    Basiltoo Guest

    "Mark M" <> wrote in

    > I sincerely doubt that you'll have a problem that requires
    > re-installation. I have not, and believe me...I've been putting this
    > version through it's paces with WELL over 100,000 image files,
    > multiplied by many back-up drives containing similar numbers of
    > images.

    You are very lucky then. After a couple of days working fine I cannot
    now close the program without an error message after it has closed. This
    only occurs if I have been using BOTH the browser and viewer. I have
    reinstalled, deleted the database etc and the error message always
    returns.
    I must add that this does not interfere with normal operation of the
    program but is still infuriating. (XP-SP2)

    [ACDsee has detected a system error and will now close!]

    --
    Regards,
    Baz

    Basiltoo, Oct 17, 2004
  4. Ulisse

    KingFish Guest

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 02:02:04 -0700, "Mark M"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ulisse" <> wrote in message
    >> The last question, please.
    >> I have just spent much time to configure my ACDSee.
    >> If I will have problem with ist and in a mounth I'd like to unistall
    >> it and install again, can I save a ".ini" file.
    >> I don't see it. What file have I to save, please?
    >> thanks

    >If you mean a file that retains your settings for later installations, then
    >I must say that I am not aware of an option for this. It may exist, but I
    >am unaware of it.
    >
    >You could call ACD Systems technical support though...
    >
    >I sincerely doubt that you'll have a problem that requires re-installation.
    >I have not, and believe me...I've been putting this version through it's
    >paces with WELL over 100,000 image files, multiplied by many back-up drives
    >containing similar numbers of images.

    I've been using ACDSee's products starting with it's pre-version 1.0
    beta releases, and have purchased licenses for every subsequent
    version through the current version 7.0/47 (Yeah..., I probably have
    more money than brains). Yet, I've returned to version 2.41 after
    working with each and every subsequent release.

    ACDSee version 7.0/47 has a lot of features that I could certainly
    use, but after more than a month's use, and having to repeatedly
    delete it's database, reinstall the software (At ACDSystem's
    suggestion), and the loss of far too much descriptive information,
    I've recently thrown in the towel with this version also.

    ACDSee 7.0/47 looks nice, is full of usefull features, but I am among
    those who believe that we've purchased yet another beta version of
    ACDSee that is still fraught with bugs and omissions. It isn't at all
    safe and reliable to use, and it's certainly far from being ready for
    prime time.

    KingFish, Nov 13, 2004