Re: Accessing files on Lan Network

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by someone, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. someone

    someone Guest

    Goto Start/Settings/Network Connections. Right-click "Locale Area Connection" and click properties. Make shure there is a V for "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks". If this does not exist install it. This makes your computer basicly suited up for grabbing files from other computers.
    Now open windows explorer and right-click a directory. Goto sub page sharing and click the option "Network setup wizard". Now follow the wizard and share your files with the rest of the world.
    One important note: Don't let others be able to write files to your entire computer but only to a selected dir.

    I hope that this the correct newsgroup...

    I am in University accomodation, and have network access in my home.
    I am using Win XP.

    Other people in the accomodation seem to access files on other peoples
    computers by clicking on My Network Places.

    However when I do this, it just lists MSN explorer (after a short while) and
    nothing else. Curiously, my computer's files are not accessible from these
    people's computers.

    Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

    Bob.

    someone, Oct 24, 2003

  2. someone

    SgtMinor Guest

    Drie vragen:

    1. Who are you replying to?

    2. Are you not able to set line length so your sentence 'wraps'?

    3. Why are you posting with someone else's registered domain name?

    SgtMinor, Oct 24, 2003