Re: About Warner "Archive DVDs"

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stacia, Jan 12, 2010.

  1. Stacia

    Stacia Guest

    On Jan 10, 12:06 pm, weary flake <> wrote:

    > Haven't watched the Sea Hawk (1924) yet, but have seen the
    > chefs movie, which is a funny "foodie" movie, and I don't recall
    > problems with the video quality, despite what some of the amazon
    > reviewers say.

    I got "Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe" for Christmas (from
    deepdiscountdvd, not Amazon) and the print this was made from was
    pretty nice. When I saw the movie on cable back in the early 90s, it
    was a much more washed-out print shown. And pan 'n' scan too, if I
    recall. The Amazon reviewers are probably spoiled.
    But there are reports that some of the films are poor digital
    copies, so the quality overall for all the titles isn't what it should
    be.

    Stacia
    Stacia, Jan 12, 2010