Re: About to start studying for my MCSE and looking for advice.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Dragon, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Nicely put! :)

    If you don't have that much hardware, you could use VMWARE. This will,
    however, require that you have at least one beefy box. Most of the Microsoft
    software you need for training and practice, you can get from Microsoft.
    Some can be downloaded from their site while other evaluation software can
    be purchased at the low price of shipping.

    HTH

    Nice Dragon

    "Kendal Emery" <> wrote in message
    > One of the first URL's you are going to want to bookmark is
    > http://www.microsoft.com/traincert That is the one that has Microsoft's
    > official answer to everything.
    >
    > For Study try http://www.mcseworld.com it has a lot of good study material
    > and information from a fairly well respected (or at least as respected as

    it
    > gets on this board) poster here. (You're welcome, Will)
    >
    > Most importantly, get a ntework lab setup, where you can practice this
    > stuff. It works best if you have a network you don't mind breaking,

    because
    > you will break it from time to time. I really like using ghost and

    kangaroo
    > drives, so everything can change as you need it to. Need server, and two
    > workstations, plug in the disks, need three servers, plug in the disks,
    > etc. The possibilities are limited only by your creativity.
    >
    > Finally, don't be afraid to ask questions, but realize you will be flamed

    > a cinder if it looks like you are trying for the easy way out. We won't

    be
    > there to spoon feed you on your job, so we shouldn't spoon feed you here.
    >
    > Good luck.....
    > Systems Administrator
    > Coordinated Home Care
    >
    > remove me to email to me
    > "Den" <> wrote in message
    > > As the title says I'm about to start studying for my MCSE and to be

    honest

    Dragon, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Dragon

    MCSE World Guest

    Oh yeah, VMWARE or Virtual PC....good stuff, but you are dead on about the
    RAM and CPU...the more the better. It sometimes chokes my P4 2.4 GHz with 1
    GB RAM. :)

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com