Re: About AVG AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm on Vista

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by x@y, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. x@y

    x@y Guest

    "DaveF" <> wrote in message >I was successfully using the free
    version of the AVG antivirus (by
    > Grisoft) and ZA firewall on XP. I bought a new computer with Vista
    > (not an upgrade) and neither program works. I maybe should have
    > installed Vista over the old XP system and let Vista do the necessary
    > conversions, but I didn't.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions on an antivirus and firewall (free
    > of course!) that will run under this latest Microshit OS?
    >
    > Thanks, Dave F.

    Try here: http://tinyurl.com/yoes32

    Not sure if there are free ones, I have ya hOOd for compatibility.

    Good Luck, x@y

    x@y, Feb 12, 2007

  2. x@y

    DaveF Guest

    On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:39:55 -0600, "x@y" <> wrote:

    >"DaveF" <> wrote in message >I was successfully using the free
    >version of the AVG antivirus (by
    >> Grisoft) and ZA firewall on XP. I bought a new computer with Vista
    >> (not an upgrade) and neither program works. I maybe should have
    >> installed Vista over the old XP system and let Vista do the necessary
    >> conversions, but I didn't.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any suggestions on an antivirus and firewall (free
    >> of course!) that will run under this latest Microshit OS?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Dave F.

    >Try here: http://tinyurl.com/yoes32
    >
    >Not sure if there are free ones, I have ya hOOd for compatibility.
    >
    >Good Luck, x@y

    Without going into details x @ y, I got straightened away today.
    Thanks for the help.

    DaveF

    DaveF, Feb 13, 2007

  3. x@y

    x@y Guest

    "DaveF" <> wrote in message > On Mon, 12 Feb 2007
    10:39:55 -0600, "x@y" <> wrote:

    >>"DaveF" <> wrote in message >I was successfully using the
    >>free
    >>version of the AVG antivirus (by
    >>> Grisoft) and ZA firewall on XP. I bought a new computer with Vista
    >>> (not an upgrade) and neither program works. I maybe should have
    >>> installed Vista over the old XP system and let Vista do the necessary
    >>> conversions, but I didn't.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have any suggestions on an antivirus and firewall (free
    >>> of course!) that will run under this latest Microshit OS?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks, Dave F.

    >>Try here: http://tinyurl.com/yoes32
    >>
    >>Not sure if there are free ones, I have ya hOOd for compatibility.
    >>
    >>Good Luck, x@y

    > Without going into details x @ y, I got straightened away today.
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > DaveF