    What are you screaming about?
    Didn't it ever happen to you to accidentally bump your video cable against a
    wall with monitor power on, and the damn things goes out?
    When you tighten the connection, everything goes back to normal.
    Nothing happens.

    Pikoro, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Pikoro

    RussS Guest

    Shouldn't be a problem. If you look at a KVM switch, that switches from one
    computer to another without turning the monitor off, and in the days before
    KVM we used to just unplug the monitor and plug it into another box without
    turning anything off - never had a failure because of it.

    --
    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Pikoro

    Newt Guest

    Geez thanks for that. I guess I dont have to ground him then.............

    Newt, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Pikoro

    Peter B Guest

    "Newt" <> wrote in message
    > Geez thanks for that. I guess I dont have to ground him then.............

    No but you're grounded for top posting. 2 weeks, and no getting out early
    for good behaviour.
    Peter B, Jun 24, 2003
  5. Pikoro

    Newt Guest

    'top posting' whats that? it wasnt me mister 'onest. twas Billy Smith,
    mister.....<I run away>

    Newt, Jun 25, 2003
  6. Pikoro

    Zac Guest

    Don't listen to these pedantic fools! There is nothing wrong with
    top-posting; in fact, it is preferable, which is why most people do it. I
    find the bottom-feeders..., I mean bottom-posters, to be annoying ;-) IMHO.

    Zac
    A+

    Zac, Jun 25, 2003
  7. Pikoro

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:27:10 GMT, "Zac"
    <> wrote:

    >"Newt" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> 'top posting' whats that? it wasnt me mister 'onest. twas Billy Smith,
    >> mister.....<I run away>
    >> >
    >> > No but you're grounded for top posting. 2 weeks, and no getting out

    >early
    >> > for good behaviour.

    >Don't listen to these pedantic fools! There is nothing wrong with
    >top-posting; in fact, it is preferable, which is why most people do it. I
    >find the bottom-feeders..., I mean bottom-posters, to be annoying ;-) IMHO.

    Every group is different top posters are bucking the norm, usually
    because they know no different and start thier usenet careers with
    outlook express.This group seems to have a fair proportion of top
    posters which I personally find annoying, but much worse is the lack
    of quoting and sometimes attribution.However, having said that, I
    enjoy the group and am willing to do a bit of extra work to understand
    the posters.
    Bret, Jun 25, 2003
  8. Pikoro

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:05:56 -0400, "ImhoTech" <>
    wrote:

    >Get over it. The 'norm' here , if there is such a thing, is top posting.

    There's nothing to get over, I accept the group as is.

    >The first and foremost rule of usenet is lurk first, post later, AFTER you
    >get a feel for the particular group.

    I've been reading and posting to this group for over three years :)

    Bret, Jun 25, 2003
  9. On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:59:01 +1200, Bret <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:27:10 GMT, "Zac"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"Newt" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> 'top posting' whats that? it wasnt me mister 'onest. twas Billy Smith,
    >>> mister.....<I run away>

    >>early

    >>Don't listen to these pedantic fools! There is nothing wrong with
    >>top-posting; in fact, it is preferable, which is why most people do it. I
    >>find the bottom-feeders..., I mean bottom-posters, to be annoying ;-) IMHO.
    >>

    >Every group is different top posters are bucking the norm, usually
    >because they know no different and start thier usenet careers with
    >outlook express.This group seems to have a fair proportion of top
    >posters which I personally find annoying, but much worse is the lack
    >of quoting and sometimes attribution.However, having said that, I
    >enjoy the group and am willing to do a bit of extra work to understand
    >the posters.

    I always felt it depended on the messages involved. The "rule" itself
    is old enough that one would think that it could be reviewed.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 26, 2003
  10. Pikoro

    Newt Guest

    Hand Bags at 10 Paces Gentlemen
    Newt
    "Tony Sivori" <> wrote in message
    > Newt wrote:
    > > 'top posting' whats that? it wasnt me mister 'onest. twas Billy Smith,
    > > mister.....<I run away>

    > Hand Bags at 10 Paces Gentlemen

    Newt
    > You might want to read this page to answer your question.
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html
    > Hand Bags at 10 Paces Gentlemen

    Newt
    > That said, quite a few people in this newsgroup top post so even though I
    > consider top posting deplorable I'll grant you shock probation on that two
    > week grounding.
    > Hand Bags at 10 Paces Gentlemen

    Newt
    > --
    > Tony Sivori
    >
    > Hand Bags at 10 Paces Gentlemen

    Newt

    Hand Bags at 10 Paces Gentlemen
    Newt
    is this any better?

    I didn't realize, sorry. Just the way OE does it.
    I will from now on reply using invisible font, so as not to offend those
    that are too easily upset by such a trivial and minor discrepancy

    Newt
    Newt, Jun 26, 2003
  11. Pikoro

    Zac Guest

    Really, guys and gals, I was just kidding. I didn't think this could
    possibly be a serious topic of discussion, but I was wrong. My real opinion
    is, that as long as the quoted material is clearly distinguished, as with
    the ">" symbol, I enjoy being on top or on the bottom equally well ;-)

    Zac
    A+

    Zac, Jun 28, 2003