Re: A3 Colour Printer???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SpaceGirl, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. SpaceGirl

    SpaceGirl Guest

    We use Epson Stylus Photo 1290 A3 colour inkjets and they are suberb, even
    on bog standard paper - but feed them photo paper or coated paper and
    you'll get production quality.

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have any ideas where I can get an A3 Colour Printer from in

    the
    > UK? (Laser Jet - if possible)
    >
    > I have been looking for a while and asking local computer retailers and

    all

    SpaceGirl, Jul 16, 2003

  2. in article bf41l3$b1h71$-berlin.de, SpaceGirl at
    wrote on 16/07/2003 19:22:

    > We use Epson Stylus Photo 1290 A3 colour inkjets and they are suberb, even
    > on bog standard paper - but feed them photo paper or coated paper and
    > you'll get production quality.

    Me too (1270 model - but that's almost the same) and I must confess that the
    print quality with this 6-color printer is SUPERB!!! It's driven thru RIP
    software (PowerRIP 2000, that's something similar to BestCOLOR and it can be
    easily calibrated and it, alltogether works as a real PostScript printer, no
    bull!) and if anyone wants to have ALMOST-PROOF printer that's the right
    combo! And, of course, it's ment to be used with Special Coated Papers or
    Glossy Papers manufactured by Epson too!!! I do PROOFS with it all the time
    and it's reliable color gives me immediate look into the work I do and it's
    final look and feel... And it's right under your nose. Nice indeed!

    --
    Kreso

    Kre=?ISO-8859-1?B?vA==?=o, Jul 17, 2003

  3. SpaceGirl

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Kre¼o" <> wrote in message
    > in article bf41l3$b1h71$-berlin.de, SpaceGirl at
    > wrote on 16/07/2003 19:22:
    >
    > > We use Epson Stylus Photo 1290 A3 colour inkjets and they are suberb,

    even
    > > on bog standard paper - but feed them photo paper or coated paper and
    > > you'll get production quality.
    > >

    > Me too (1270 model - but that's almost the same) and I must confess that

    the
    > print quality with this 6-color printer is SUPERB!!! It's driven thru RIP
    > software (PowerRIP 2000, that's something similar to BestCOLOR and it can

    be
    > easily calibrated and it, alltogether works as a real PostScript printer,

    no
    > bull!) and if anyone wants to have ALMOST-PROOF printer that's the right
    > combo! And, of course, it's ment to be used with Special Coated Papers or
    > Glossy Papers manufactured by Epson too!!! I do PROOFS with it all the

    time
    > and it's reliable color gives me immediate look into the work I do and

    it's
    > final look and feel... And it's right under your nose. Nice indeed!
    >
    > --
    > Kreso

    No to mention the £300 price tag...! Really good lil printers. I have its'
    baby brother, the 750 photo A4 version here at home too. Just as good
    output, for £120 if you dont mind the smaller format :)

    SpaceGirl, Jul 17, 2003
  4. in article bf6m9h$be842$-berlin.de, SpaceGirl at
    wrote on 17/07/2003 19:27:

    --- S N I P ---

    > "Kre¼o" <> wrote in message
    >> in article bf41l3$b1h71$-berlin.de, SpaceGirl at
    >> wrote on 16/07/2003 19:22:
    >>
    >>> We use Epson Stylus Photo 1290 A3 colour inkjets and they are suberb,

    > even
    >>> on bog standard paper - but feed them photo paper or coated paper and
    >>> you'll get production quality.

    --- S N I P ---

    > No to mention the £300 price tag...! Really good lil printers. I have its'
    > baby brother, the 750 photo A4 version here at home too. Just as good
    > output, for £120 if you dont mind the smaller format :)

    --- S N I P ---

    Yep! Agreed! Don't know about the prices in UK but, here in Croatia, the
    price for the big brother, 1270 is (was) more/less --> 400 EUR... You feed
    it with some RIP as I did (PowerRIP 2000) and you get PROOF for a small
    price and with outstanding performance and quality. Now, the only thing you
    need is to buy Epson papers and, of course, Epson ink! And the quality won't
    be missing, right!? Anyhow, HP is getting in the game these days and they're
    also good, fast and reliable. I have small HP ink-jet, 980cxi Pro and I must
    say it's FANTASTIC! It's much faster than Epson but I don't have any RIP for
    it but even withou it it's brilliant!

    --
    Kreso

    Kre=?ISO-8859-1?B?vA==?=o, Jul 18, 2003