Re: A Slight Problem With Speed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mhicaoidh, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. mhicaoidh

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, mused:

    | I was having problems with my "choke" and "loss" in Counter-Strike and
    | Ventrilo so I reformatted. The problem still is broked. :D

    You reformatted your entire hard drive to try and fix an inconsistent
    network connection? You may be beyond help. Ouch.

    | It all started after our cable was out all day cause they said they were
    | switching to a new user/computer registration program.... then i had to
    | goto a page that registered my MAC Address on their network. From then
    | on its been the craps.

    Had a similar problem (MediaCom also) as you when I put my laptop on my
    cable service. I had to switch MAC addresses back and forth until my router
    arrived. My connection wasn't the same (gaming wise) for about 3 months
    after that. It's now back to being stable and fast as before. It may be
    something you have to just ride out until it solves itself. Call MediaCom
    about it, but they will probably tell you "everything looks fine on our
    end." Request someone to come out and check the line ... but they likely
    won't find anything their either.
    mhicaoidh, Aug 15, 2003