Re: A quick question

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Clint Kennedy, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Incomplete question.

    F. Was this the first boot since you put the card in? Have you booted once
    successfully with the card in the machine? If not, determine if it's a
    legacy ISA card that is either jumpered IRQ / I/O Range / DMA. Take the
    card out if it is ISA. Boot the system, determine which device is
    conflicting with these resources, change the resources on the card to
    something unused that the card supports. If the card is PCI and you were
    able to boot with the card installed, and the only thing that's changed
    since your last good boot was installation of drivers, Last known good
    configuration will rollback the registry to the last state at which the
    machine fully booted (without the new drivers). Assuming it's the driver
    only that's causing the lockup, this should work. From these options, the
    most correct answer is D.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 26, 2003