Re: A question regarding Advent Computer Training - MCSE Certifica

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 23, 2008.

  1. "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > "Jtyc" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    > >> We can. It's the printers that are the problem.

    > > They're everywhere!
    > >

    > They give me nightmares.
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    D...O...T... Matrix

    <cold sweat>

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 23, 2008

  2. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    JaR Guest

    On 4/23/2008,catwalker63 had the unmitigated gall to claim:

    > We had an IBM mainframe and an AS400 at one of my previous jobs. For
    > accounting, they had this big printer for the GL and stuff. Printed
    > out on 11x17 green bar. You had to wear gloves to change the printer
    > ribbon. It was big enough to drive to work and it was louder than my
    > neighbor's diesel.

    There's one of each of those in the room next to my office.

    And there's no soundproofing in the wall.

    --
    JaR
    Noise cancelling headphones, bay-bee!

    JaR, Apr 24, 2008

  3. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    kpg Guest

    I love green bar paper. Everything about it.

    Those little tracking holes all along the edge,
    how it folds into that nice accordion stack. The
    micro perforations. That you have to fold the top
    page in half if your printout starts on a face
    down page.

    It's why I got into computers.

    And now it's gone.

    I just thought you should know.

    Ode to Green Bar

    O green bar, how I need you
    Your ample 14 7/8 inch width
    132 columns of glorious data

    O green bar, how I love you
    Your fan fold, so subtle
    Your perforations, so precise

    O green bar, how I miss you
    So much move than blue bar
    Never once a PC LOAD LETTER

    Well, it's a work in progress.

    kpg, Apr 24, 2008
  4. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    John R Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >I love green bar paper. Everything about it.
    >
    > Those little tracking holes all along the edge,
    > how it folds into that nice accordion stack. The
    > micro perforations. That you have to fold the top
    > page in half if your printout starts on a face
    > down page.
    >
    > It's why I got into computers.
    >
    > And now it's gone.
    >
    > I just thought you should know.
    >
    > Ode to Green Bar
    >
    > O green bar, how I need you
    > Your ample 14 7/8 inch width
    > 132 columns of glorious data
    >
    > O green bar, how I love you
    > Your fan fold, so subtle
    > Your perforations, so precise
    >
    > O green bar, how I miss you
    > So much move than blue bar
    > Never once a PC LOAD LETTER
    >

    > Well, it's a work in progress.

    And you say *I* need to get out of the server room more often ?

    John R

    John R, Apr 24, 2008
  5. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    Bill Hileman Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >I love green bar paper. Everything about it.
    >
    > Those little tracking holes all along the edge,
    > how it folds into that nice accordion stack. The
    > micro perforations. That you have to fold the top
    > page in half if your printout starts on a face
    > down page.
    >
    > It's why I got into computers.
    >
    > And now it's gone.
    >
    > I just thought you should know.
    >
    > Ode to Green Bar
    >
    > O green bar, how I need you
    > Your ample 14 7/8 inch width
    > 132 columns of glorious data
    >
    > O green bar, how I love you
    > Your fan fold, so subtle
    > Your perforations, so precise
    >
    > O green bar, how I miss you
    > So much move than blue bar
    > Never once a PC LOAD LETTER
    >

    > Well, it's a work in progress.

    P(oem)otD

    Bill Hileman, Apr 24, 2008
  6. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    CBIC Guest

    You got yourself a g0dd@mn post of the day there son.

    CBIC, Apr 24, 2008
  7. "Bill Hileman" <> wrote in message
    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >>I love green bar paper. Everything about it.
    >>
    >> Those little tracking holes all along the edge,
    >> how it folds into that nice accordion stack. The
    >> micro perforations. That you have to fold the top
    >> page in half if your printout starts on a face
    >> down page.
    >>
    >> It's why I got into computers.
    >>
    >> And now it's gone.
    >>
    >> I just thought you should know.
    >>
    >> Ode to Green Bar
    >>
    >> O green bar, how I need you
    >> Your ample 14 7/8 inch width
    >> 132 columns of glorious data
    >>
    >> O green bar, how I love you
    >> Your fan fold, so subtle
    >> Your perforations, so precise
    >>
    >> O green bar, how I miss you
    >> So much move than blue bar
    >> Never once a PC LOAD LETTER
    >>

    >> Well, it's a work in progress.

    > P(oem)otD

    I've heard of being "pwned", but not "poemed"!

    Boris Badenov, Apr 24, 2008
  8. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    JaR Guest

    On 4/24/2008,kpg had the unmitigated gall to claim:

    > I love green bar paper. Everything about it.
    >
    > Those little tracking holes all along the edge,
    > how it folds into that nice accordion stack. The
    > micro perforations. That you have to fold the top
    > page in half if your printout starts on a face
    > down page.
    >
    > It's why I got into computers.
    >
    > And now it's gone.
    >
    > I just thought you should know.
    >
    > Ode to Green Bar
    >
    > O green bar, how I need you
    > Your ample 14 7/8 inch width
    > 132 columns of glorious data
    >
    > O green bar, how I love you
    > Your fan fold, so subtle
    > Your perforations, so precise
    >
    > O green bar, how I miss you
    > So much move than blue bar
    > Never once a PC LOAD LETTER
    >

    > Well, it's a work in progress.

    *golf clap*

    --
    JaR
    Now that's art folks

    JaR, Apr 24, 2008
  9. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    Jtyc Guest

    This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!!!
    It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

    Aperture Science...
    We do what we must because we can.
    For the good of all of us.
    Except the ones who are dead.

    But there's no sense crying over every mistake
    You just keep on trying till you run out of cake
    And the science gets done and you make a neat gun
    For the people who are still alive.

    I'm not even angry...
    I'm being so sincere right now.
    Even though you broke my heart and killed me.

    And tore me to pieces...
    And threw every piece into a fire.
    As they burned it hurt because,
    I was so happy for you.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.
    And we're out of beta, we're releasing on time.
    So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned,
    For the people who are still alive.

    Go ahead and leave me.
    I think I'd prefer to stay inside.
    Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.

    Maybe Black Mesa...
    That was a joke, ha ha, fat chance.
    Anyway this cake is great,
    It's so delicious and moist.
    Look at me still talking when there's science to do.
    When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you.
    I've experiments to run, there is research to be done.
    On the people who are still alive.

    And believe me I am still alive.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive.
    I feel fantastic and I'm still alive.
    And while you're dying I'll be still alive.
    And when you're dead I will be still alive.
    Still alive.
    Still alive.

    Jtyc, Apr 24, 2008
  10. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    kpg Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:Or5lvZkpIHA.2208
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > Aperture Science

    May you have a half-life.

    kpg, Apr 24, 2008
  11. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    kpg Guest

    kpg <> wrote in news:Xns9A8A9D4DFB985ipostthereforeiam@
    207.46.248.16:

    > "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:Or5lvZkpIHA.2208
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Aperture Science

    > May you have a half-life.

    The cake is a lie!

    kpg, Apr 24, 2008
  12. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    Jtyc Guest

    > The cake is a lie!

    There's actually and easter egg that allows you to get to it.

    Jtyc, Apr 24, 2008
  13. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    kpg Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:e2zdvqkpIHA.3940
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    >> The cake is a lie!

    > There's actually and easter egg that allows you to get to it.

    You tube is my friend.

    kpg, Apr 24, 2008
  14. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    Jtyc Guest

    > You tube is my friend.

    MINE TOO!!!

    small world...

    Jtyc, Apr 24, 2008
  15. "kpg" <> wrote in message

    > "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:e2zdvqkpIHA.3940
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    > >> The cake is a lie!

    > > There's actually and easter egg that allows you to get to it.

    > You tube is my friend.

    Tube tops are my friends. I love them so.

    Am I talking out loud again?!?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 25, 2008